Younglion5900
swagman6868

Should high school graduates take a year off before entering college?

Younglion5900

Pro

I think that they, because just leaving high school they'll be tired of school an they need time to regain themselves an they'll need to prepare a little more before they do go to college most students now days drop out of college because they wasn't prepared or just wasn't ready.
swagman6868

Con

I think they should go to college get it done with you are not going to avoid the debt and that also means your going to still be dependent on your parents. Do you want the freedom from your parents? I do know some kids drop out because they may not be ready, but we need more responsible adults in society that are not dependent on their parents.
Younglion5900

Pro

your exactly rite, but I still think they should wait a year to really jus prepare for college because most dropout happen because they wasn't prepared rite or ready but don't get me wrong I agree to what your saying to
swagman6868

Con

Just wondering what the debate is all about? Kids are not forced to go to college right after high school but college like that for sports mainly.
Younglion5900

Pro

Younglion5900 forfeited this round.
swagman6868

Con

swagman6868 forfeited this round.
Posted by cgn397 2 years ago
cgn397
Pro has horrible spelling and grammar... I'm fairly sure he/she has not gone to and will not go to college. I am of the opinion that taking a year off between high school and college is not a good idea. So much knowledge is lost between school years during the summer I can't imagine taking an entire year between high school and college would be beneficial. Much of the information learned in the senior year of high school would be lost and have to be relearned during college. This is assuming, of course, that no tests would need to be taken prior to acceptance to college and after graduation from high school.
Posted by Zanomi3 2 years ago
Zanomi3
This is so bad... This is truly so bad...