TopplingOverHurdlesYAY
Im_Bentley

Should highschool seniors take an exam for graduation?

TopplingOverHurdlesYAY

Pro

Should highschool seniors take an exam for graduation? Yes, I believe so. If you disagree, accept this challenge and reason.

Rules are very simple. Do not attack each other for disagreements, even if it seems obvious. This is supposed to be a friendly debate. I am very sensitive. So, I am easily offended. That is known as ad-hominem. Also, you are not authorized to plagiarize, or copy someone else's work and claim it as your own. Should you decide not to follow these rules, 7 points wiill automatically be deducted from you. The presence of the "Deduction" procedure deters people. Not only that, but 7 points are literally deducted from you if rules are not followed.

Anyways, moving on to my arguments...

Higher levels

Here's the thing. When you graduate, that means that you meet the expectations and are prepared for the next level. However, say, you take an exam. You fail. You shouldn't graduate. After all, if you fail to comprehend and apply to real-world situations what you were taught, you definitely won't accomplish much on the next level.
Im_Bentley

Con

Well, through out my years in school, we have test for each class and if you fail the test you don't pass the class. and you have to have passed all state test in order to move on or graduate. That in and out of itself is multiple exams needed to graduate. IF, you are referring to one large test at the end of a students senior year, then that is just ridiculous. most student will have already forgotten the material learned in they're freshman year.
TopplingOverHurdlesYAY

Pro

Rebuttals

"Well, through out my years in school, we have test for each class and if you fail the test you don't pass the class. and you have to have passed all state test in order to move on or graduate. That in and out of itself is multiple exams needed to graduate."

Alright..? But I believe there should be a final exam, containing questions for all the lessons EVER SINCE you attended high school, which you believe is ridiculous, according to the following:

"IF, you are referring to one large test at the end of a students senior year, then that is just ridiculous. most student will have already forgotten the material learned in they're freshman year."

EXACTLY! Like said, all lessons can be useful. They can be applied to real-life situations. If you forget all that the teachers introduced to you from the beginning, as I said in my presentation, you shouldn't graduate. Seriously! After all, college is the next level and if all you were taught aren't memorized, you won't meet the expectations of the NEXT LEVEL, ESPECIALLY!

When I have exclamation marks and capitalize to emphasize, my intent is not to knock it into your head because I think you aren't intelligent, but pretty much, as I said, to emphasize. So, don't misinterpret their purposes.

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.
Im_Bentley

Con

Well, not everything students learn will be used in real-life stiuations. AND if they need it, it should be they're responsibility to have learned it. Telling a student that he or she has a huge final, which will be given in college already, then he or she will feel stressed through out the years.

Next argument please.
TopplingOverHurdlesYAY

Pro

Rebuttals

"Well, not everything students learn will be used in real-life stiuations."

At least, generally, the others aren't mandatory.

"AND if they need it, it should be they're responsibility to have learned it."

Yes, it's their responsibility. They have to pay attention. However, if you are very confused about something that you aren't proficient in the subjects, then you surely won't be able to comprehend much in the next level, and therefore, will be useless!

"Telling a student that he or she has a huge final, which will be given in college already, then he or she will feel stressed through out the years."

You don't need to receive an A. You need to at least be proficient. You should be able to. Otherwise, you haven't payed attention/memorized probably plenty of lessons, and thus will distort comprehension of upcoming lessons (In the next level).

Im_Bentley

Con

Im_Bentley forfeited this round.
TopplingOverHurdlesYAY

Pro

TopplingOverHurdlesYAY forfeited this round.
Im_Bentley

Con

Im_Bentley forfeited this round.
TopplingOverHurdlesYAY

Pro

Im_Bentley

Con

Im_Bentley forfeited this round.