junkhead22
dynamicduodebaters

Should historians open egyptian pyramids? yes or no, and why??

dynamicduodebaters

junkhead22

Con

I'm not really sure if they should or shouldn't. I need to write a paragraph about this, so if i hear both sides, I can pick a side. For some reason I'm leaning towards no - historians should not open the pyramids in order to respect the ancient peoples' religious beliefs.
dynamicduodebaters

Pro

I am going to keep this round for acceptance, though I would like if you made a actual debate argument next round.
Thanks
DDD
junkhead22

Con

junkhead22 forfeited this round.
dynamicduodebaters

Pro

Before we even begin, I would like to point out that they have already been opened. This fact alone negates the resolution But, I want to at least get one argument done.

The egyptian pyramids were opened because they reveal so much history and so much knowledge.

“Based on a mark in an interior chamber naming the work gang and a reference to fourth dynasty Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu, Egyptologists believe that the pyramid was built as a tomb over a 10 to 20-year period concluding around 2560 BC.”{1}

2560 B.C. That is 4574 years of knowledge! Why should we have not opened it? It tells us SO much of the past. It is human nature to try to obtain knowledge. Why should we trap ourselves from learning about this?

I realize this is short, but it is better than nothing.

VOTE PRO!

DDD

{1}http://en.wikipedia.org...

junkhead22

Con

junkhead22 forfeited this round.
dynamicduodebaters

Pro

INTRO/CONCLUSION

Well, my opponent has forfeited the debate with no arguments and therefore, nothing to refute.

WHY I HAVE WON

• my opponent FF’d

• I provided a full argument that was a more comprehensive argument than my opponents

Thanks,

DDD
Posted by Innerstrength 3 years ago
Innerstrength
Does anyone know if it is true that the Russians back in USSR days 30's or 40's I think? filled a chamber in the great pyramid with concrete to conceal what was the so called the chamber of knowledge?
I agree with opening them whether that is true or not, there could be more things to learn that were not revealed or properly understood in earlier excavations. I don't think they should have the right to take anything just to record it and I think if the texts were written, then it cannot be sacrilege to read them.
Posted by hatshepsut 3 years ago
hatshepsut
The problem here is that all known Egyptian pyramids have already been excavated by archaeologists. Every one has turned out to be empty. They were already robbed in antiquity. A debate on opening tombs in general might apply, as also whether modern investigators have a right to take materials other than human remains occasionally found in pyramids, or even whether we had a right to read the sacred Pyramid Texts written on the walls of some of them.
Posted by Neoman 3 years ago
Neoman
they should open the pyramids. lots of mystery about them. Sorry for the dead's respect and stuff. Yet we can hold hands and send them a prayer before opening the pyramids. light a candle for them or smthng? we gotta open those pyramids!!!
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 3 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
72 hourss please
dynamicduodebaters
make it 48 or 72 hours and I will accept
Posted by Mister_Man 3 years ago
Mister_Man
I would accept this but I've been really busy... I've actually thought about this and talked about it before, and I'm totally for opening up the pyramids. I'll accept if nobody else does by tomorrow! Good luck if someone accepts before then though!
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
junkhead22dynamicduodebatersTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
junkhead22dynamicduodebatersTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff