InevitDeath
MasterDebated

Should homeschooling depend on the individual?

InevitDeath

Pro

Rules

1. No plagiarism. I have done so before. My friend though, scolded me. He had checked out a book, containing a list of laws. He nudges me with his elbow to catch my attention. He retorts loudly the law that prohibits plagiarism because he cared. Fear dissented in me, as I've plagiarized so much.

2. Some arguments may be ambiguous. Explain.

3. No trolling, please.

4. As some essays are strict on, don't jump from topic to topic, returning at one point. This way, it makes sense.

5. Try to refrain from words that can possibly offend.

MasterDebated

Con

State your case
InevitDeath

Pro

Before this, I came up with this topic while my father was driving. We were in a rocky road, so our car was dangling precariously. 2 roads diverged. The road, leading to our designated location, was blocked off. So, we weren't able to deviate from the wrong road.

Also, I had homework yesterday. I almost procrastinated due to this.

Presentation

The advantage of homeschooling is that it prevents bullies (Or at least lots). Though, its disadvantage is that you can become socially impaired due to lack of interaction. The advantage of not homeschooling is that society is corrupted. For instance, people sometimes oppress you for your race or gender. So, you will learn contentment. Endure. However, its disadvantage is that you can get bullied. So, the individual should be the one to choose whether or not to have this advantage/disadvantage.

Now, I will barge out of this room to the real world.
MasterDebated

Con

You have the burden of proof here to show that homeschooling should depend on the individual. Sure, society can be corrupt but that doesn't mean that society is. There are bullies but there are also supporters and people who lift you up.

You need to argue why being in isolation is better for a socially handicapped or other individual prone to bullying. When in isolation, that person wouldn't be as social or have as much opportunity to improve his social skills. You would perpetuate his lack of social skills when they could easily be learned in a public setting.
InevitDeath

Pro

InevitDeath forfeited this round.
MasterDebated

Con

Extend arguments
InevitDeath

Pro

InevitDeath forfeited this round.
MasterDebated

Con

MasterDebated forfeited this round.
InevitDeath

Pro

InevitDeath forfeited this round.
MasterDebated

Con

MasterDebated forfeited this round.
Posted by InevitDeath 3 years ago
InevitDeath
"if we keep our children sheltered from this corrupted society, how will they ever conform and adapt to it?"

Yes, but as I said, it should really depend on the individual if they want to conform to our corrupted society.
Posted by edibleshrapnel 3 years ago
edibleshrapnel
Society is corrupted? That's an extremely controversial statement to make, and you didn't even reason how or why. And even if it is, if we keep our children sheltered from this corrupted society, how will they ever conform and adapt to it?
Posted by InevitDeath 3 years ago
InevitDeath
Read the title. I'm debating whether or not being homeschooled should depend on the individual.
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
What are you trying to debate here?