Should homework assignments be limited to a maximum of three nights a week?

I would like to thank whom decides to take me up on this topic. There for I will let my opponent go first. Good luck!

That's sounds in the first time very stupid.
I mean, No body can assignments what in which period someone had to do something.

In fact it depends form students capacity and skills.

Some of them should do good in a maximum of three nights a week. Other of them should find that it is so short.

So, it doesn't really gives any meaning, because people differ from each other.

The last thing to understand is that nobody can chose a assignments time for some one else while that they still differ from skills and knowledge.
So, it should be more that three days or less according to which kind of homework it is or which kind of student it is.
It depend also form which period it is. Some time you have to do more home than at school.

So, it sound just unclear because you can't define this situation according how you mind desires.

Waiting to hear from you second argument

I would like to thank my opponent for taking me up in this debate.

My opponent states that it depends on the capacity and skills of the student, I disagree with my opponent. If you are found in a class that is taken by all your class mates meaning that you are learning at a normal level why should you have to wait to be taught something only because someone in your class is holding you back.

Too much homework can stress a student out. My opponent must also take in consideration those that play sports and or those that are also involved in clubs have a less amount of time to complete the homework. This not only affects the students but also the parents, meaning that there could be a common argument with the parents and the student. This could cause the student more stress and make things a little harder.

"My first-grade son was required to research a significant person from history and write a paper of at least two pages about the person, with a bibliography. How can he be expected to do that by himself? He just started to learn to read and write a couple of months ago. Schools are pushing too hard and expecting too much from kids."
Now really a First Graded shouldn't't have to do this.

I would also like to let my Opponent know that this could also be a big help on the teacher. He/ She could have more time to plan better workshops for the class. This will also allow the teacher to know what days they will need to grade paper and will give them some time to get them completed. With out the over flow of other work.

The only thing my oponent should need to know is that she can't assigments how and in which situation teachers are going to organise home work for their students.
First because every teachter knows the weakness of his students, so if he give him more time to make home work is not terrible. The teacher can give also a student just one day to make a home work. Some home work even endure more than two months if you have to make a reasearch for example. And otehr home work can b done in two days, for example if you just have to fill something in or make choises.
So, I real desagree with the point of saying that homework should be limited to a maximum of three nights a week. That's can's be the same for all students according to their level as I always explained in my first argument.

having much home work is not a sin or a mistake. That's make you first strong and give you the acustum to the structure of studing. Also if you don't wanna do more home work, it should be needed to go to a class where youd don't have to do that. It depends also in which periode it is.
I said it also before, because if you are preparing for a examination, it should be necessary to do not ask your teacher for limited days for homework. Having much homework is not for teachers, but it's just for students like you to learn more and more.
So, the student can decide to do what he/she desire. If is making less homework for his/her pleasure, then she/he have to feel what's coming to the examination.

Try to understand.

I would like to let my opponent know that I am not the one that will assign the homework. This really could work in favor for both the students and the teachers.

My opponent states that the teachers know the weakness of the students. There for this could help the teacher create a more proficient way to teach his students so that they can understand. My opponent also states that some homework may take a longer. I would like to let my opponent know that he is there for talking about a project. A project takes a longer amount of time but yet eliminating the amount of homework that the students have can make it easier to complete the project an or to make it more creative.

I would like to let my opponent know that I am aware that some homework may take a longer period of time, but what doesn't my opponent understand that workshop could be a better resolution to making student understand the work that is needed to be done with out the fact of actually doing or having homework to do?

If my opponents information is correct he is a 16-year old male in Veenwouden, Provincie Friesland, Netherlands.Why I'm brining this up is because my opponent claims that if you don't want to do more homework that, it should be needed to go to a class where you wouldn't have to do that. May I let my opponent know that in the North American we are to take the required classes and then take two electives. There for this would be impossible to do with out receiving your credits to graduate.

A student could do what they desire, they can do or not do their home work by limiting home work to three days a week could make it easier for those students to do their home work with out a desire to not. As well as making things easier for the teacher to not having to tell the students to get to work or getting it done on time. This is taking up time from the teacher that she/he could be using to help other students.

kizamag forfeited this round.
Posted by ViRiUnCteSiGnUmRuTiLuS46 7 years ago
I cannot vote on this site as of the present. If I could vote I would choose the following:

Before: PRO; went with status quo

After: PRO; I don't feel that CON had any "kill-points"

Conduct: PRO; CON acted almost pleadingly which bothered me

Convincing: PRO; CON was unable to disprove anything, could not prove self entirely

Spelling/Grammar: Tie

Sources: Pro; as of now, PRO has had the only source.
Posted by paramore102 7 years ago
jerk lol
Posted by I-am-a-panda 7 years ago
If you limit assignments to 3 assignments a week, then teachers will pile it on those 3 nights. If its spread across the 5 or 6 day week, it's less pressure on the student. I'm not bothered to debate here, have alot on my plate as it is.
Vote Placed by Renzzy 7 years ago