SkepticalDefender
Foolylekooly

Should homosexuality be accepted into our society(please give reasoning that is non-religious)

SkepticalDefender

Pro

I am pro-gay marriage because I don't mind if 2 loving couples get married, I'd like to hear some reasoning as to why it's bad, but all I've heard is religious reasoning, that's not what I'm looking for, why do you agree with me? I'd like to see debating from a homonegativist or homophobic perspective. My arguements
1) they didn't hurt you or society, what they do in bed is not your buissness
2) love is love, it's not fake
3) it's scientifically proven to not be a choice, not all people can change, and conversion therapy has been worked but it's rare to have a true change in sexuality
4) they have one life, let them live it to the fullest
5) one human is not worth more then another
6) 19 percent of all homocidal acts involve another persons sexuality, that's just sad and in my opinion pretty pathetic
7) lots of people are kicked out of their homes for being different, again that's just sad
8) LGBT people show no higher rates of incest, abuse, or molestation
9) if it was a choice, why would they take the one where everyone would hate them non-stop
10) all people should be loved for who they are

If these can't convince people to be pro-gay marriage then chances are you're biased, because I've seen others that aren't for it and, well, no good one, it's unnatural, that's funny, nature dosen't really have laws, it does what it wants to

Please support gay marriage, what did they do to you, nothing.
Foolylekooly

Con

Hey man, I would just like to clarify that i am pro gay rights all the way (im actually bi-sexual) but i do know of reasons why it should not necesarily be involved with society...

By my belief societys sole purpose is to advance the human race

Therfore including homosexuality into society would be harmful to the gene pool as a homosexual couple would need an egg donor; disrupting natural selection.

Its survival of the fittest and smartest, so the gene pool would become too random and would not advance us as much.

therfore by my definition a (slight) hinderence to society.

...man, do i hate society
SkepticalDefender

Pro

I do know, science will be a factor into it, but right should be given, I do know that it would disrupt natural selection, the problem is that these people are hated, shamed and demoralized constantly for being different because they can't change. Really it comes down to the fact that they just can't, and taking them away from a life of their own, is in my opinion cruel and hateful, kind of like how slaves were, same thing in a way only in less big numbers. Like blacks they couldn't control themselves or the way they were born, so they got stripped of all rights, love and equality, until we woke up and realized that we were doing wrong. The thing that is a problem is that some people can be executed in other countries for being gay, that's an issue or the fact that CRIMINALS in the Military and people still hate them and it's even frowned upon by other soldiers
Watch this video on YouTube if the link works

https://m.youtube.com...
Foolylekooly

Con

Foolylekooly forfeited this round.
SkepticalDefender

Pro

Thank you for understanding my point of view
Foolylekooly

Con

Foolylekooly forfeited this round.
SkepticalDefender

Pro

Okay, you're good now
Foolylekooly

Con

Foolylekooly forfeited this round.
Posted by HarshaKrishnakumar 2 years ago
HarshaKrishnakumar
Yes it most definitely should be accepted in our society because as a growing world power, we have to be the role model for developing nations by legalizing gay marriage and implementing it in our society. The Declaration of Independence clearly states that "...and they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, and among these rights are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness..." If we are granting everyone equal rights, then we must be granting the right to live their lives as they please. Furthermore, I believe that the federal government has the right to legalize gay marriage because without the push from the government, I don't believe that southern states, like Alabama, will gradually learn to accept homosexuals in our society. It did take them a long time to finally accept African Americans and people of color after the North won the Civil War.