AndrewB686
stickghost

Should homosexuality be condoned by humanity?

AndrewB686

Pro

Homosexuality should be condoned by humanity due to the fact that it is just as natural as heterosexuality. Why should sexual preference define you as an individual? Humanity chooses to turn a blind eye to the neurological and physiological processes that occur in order for one's sexual proclivities to develop. The plethora of examples that are present in the animal kingdom exemplify homosexuality's presence outside of humanity and provides evidence that sexual desire for a member of the same sex is not a human construct.
stickghost

Con

Homosexuality should not be condoned because its the persons desire whether male or female they can choose as long as the person loves what he/she loves. And if they do want to make a family than they can adopt a child.
AndrewB686

Pro

-Homosexuality should be condoned due to the fact that sexual orientation should not be a means by which to discriminate against an individual. Homosexuals have the same basic desire as heterosexuals; they yearn for a mate that will reciprocate the love and affection that they feel for another individual. The fact that the love and affection is aimed at a member of the same sex should not nullify such affection.
-Procreation should not degrade homosexual relationships. As far as human reproduction is concerned, a heterosexual couple that is unable to reproduce by natural means, or willingly chooses not have an offspring, would be limiting the population of humanity to the same degree as a homosexual couple. Now is this a bad thing? In today's contemporary world the Earth is overpopulated, nations such as China and India, where the total population exceeds 1 billion people, are drastically crammed and overcrowded. I am not saying homosexual couples are better because they do not unnecessarily reproduce; instead I make the assertion that the inability to produce a child is in no way a logical means by which to ascribe to culpability to homosexuals.
stickghost

Con

Homosexuality should not be condemed because us people love who we desire the populatation may be lowering due to homosexaulity but we have about sevenbillion people in the world so there is no way homosexaulity would lower the population too much probably a couple hundread million but that's far from taking over the human population.
AndrewB686

Pro

I would agree with that? I am not sure that you realize you are arguing AGAINST homosexuality be condoned by humanity...condoned as in accepted or allowed by humans. Regardless, the fact that homosexuals are unable to reproduce should not facilitate the general opinion that they are vagabonds who deserve to be purged from society. They have the ability to adopt a homeless child who has no other option other than residing in an orphanage. The nurturing capabilities of a homosexual couple are by no means flawed or unworthy of a child, a child who has no biological parents in the first place. I feel secure in saying I would rather be raised by two men or two women as opposed to a single, drug abusing mother and a father who shows a complete disregard for my well being and utter contempt for his paramour.
stickghost

Con

I aggree to what you have to say you win :-)
AndrewB686

Pro

Well I am glad you approve of my opinion. Since you agree with what I have stated I assume that I do not need to state any more information concerning whether or not homosexuality should be condoned.
stickghost

Con

stickghost forfeited this round.
AndrewB686

Pro

I thank stickghost for his participation in this debate. I am most grateful we hold synonymous opinions concerning the subject matter. Please excuse all of my grammatical errors and unnecessary words placed in areas where they ought not be placed.
stickghost

Con

stickghost forfeited this round.
Posted by Kenneth_Stokes 3 years ago
Kenneth_Stokes
Weak debate is weak.
Posted by Kaltas 3 years ago
Kaltas
So if two relating things are natural then they should be condoned? guns are a natural tool used to hunt. should we also use nuclear bombs to hunt?

a bouncy ball bounces. Another ball bounces less. Those are both characteristics defining objects. They may share many characteristics such as being round, but in application their respective behaviors are different. That is why sexual preference is also a defining characteristic of people.

Who exactly is "Humanity" that turns a blind eye? There are many agencies that recognize homosexuality as not being a disorder. However, there are more concerns than just that. One concern could be, what effect will the outpouring of thousands of openly gay people have on my child's upbringing. Will their openness force heterosexual families to avoid public to protect their children and the family's religious belief system?

The animal kingdom has many things natural that we would consider criminal. Such as assassinating a leader. If a wolf kills the alpha, he would now retain the alpha position. Non-human animals may devour their own young for sustenance.
Posted by KaleBevilacqua 3 years ago
KaleBevilacqua
You rock, Andrew! Sex doesn't define one's identity or worth.
Posted by AndrewB686 4 years ago
AndrewB686
If you disagree with my assertion then accept my challenge and allow me to further explain my opinion.
Posted by NorthDebater 4 years ago
NorthDebater
Adoption rates will go up though..^^^
Posted by BlackDiamond19 4 years ago
BlackDiamond19
Homosexuality is not as natural as heterosexuality. You can't produce with members of the same sex. Therefore, there's a decline in population.
Posted by NorthDebater 4 years ago
NorthDebater
Good luck pro, I'm with you so far!(: