WorstLife
sboss18

Should hotdog's be considered a sandwich?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Started: 11/29/2016 Category: Funny
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Voting Period

WorstLife

Pro

Hotdogs are just sideways sandwiches.
sboss18

Con

The National Hot Dog and Sausace Council have already weighed in on this topic, and they agree that hot dogs are NOT considered a sandwich.

Source:

WorstLife

Pro

Did you just assume my gender?
sboss18

Con

I extend my previous post. Vote Con.
WorstLife

Pro

I didnt know you would take this so seriously
http://www.foxnews.com...
sboss18

Con

Since you failed to define what "Sandwich" means, you leave it open to me to do so. I will prove, once and for all, hot dogs are not a "Sandwich".

Sandwich: a town in southeastern Massachusetts, on Cape Cod, a resort with a history of glassmaking; pop. 20,129 (est. 2008).

Clearly, a food cannot be considered a town in Massachusetts. This is an absurd claim. I repeat, vote Con.

WorstLife

Pro

You obviously have no idea what a sandwich is, the real dictionary definition is; sand"wich:
An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.
You must be looking at the wrong definition.
sboss18

Con

We're nearly finished the debate, and my opponent is now backpedaling and trying to change the definition of "Sandwich".

"You obviously have no idea what a sandwich is, the real dictionary definition is...You must be looking at the wrong definition."

Who's to say what's the right and wrong version of a definition? I thought from the beginning we were talking about the town, it's not my fault you didn't clearly define it. You can't just assume the person you're debating with is using the same definition as you. You left yourself wide open.

It is clear I won this debate by default for my opponent's clear lack of dedication and understanding of this debate. Vote Con.
WorstLife

Pro

there's a scene in bee movie where a mosquito lands on Vanessa and she kills it. Barry and Vanessa laugh about it after a brief, comedic gasp. But here's where I take issue; The mosquito was obviously sentient in the same way Bees are in the movie. So Barry is esentially laughing at the cruelty and mistreatment of another species. And in the context of the film, one can only be led to this conclusion; Barry is a racist fck who takes pleasure in the murder of different, and supposedly inferior to him, insects. He's a neo-nazist bee. A beeo-nazi
sboss18

Con

I extend all previous arguments. Also, by your own arbitrary definition, a hot dog is still not a sandwich since it doesn't contain two pieces of bread.

Posted by sboss18 1 day ago
sboss18
This is debate.org, is it not? Is there something wrong with taking a debate seriously on a website specifically made for the purpose of debate?
Posted by WorstLife 3 days ago
WorstLife
I started this debate for fun, then you had to come along and make it a "serious" issue.
Posted by sboss18 4 days ago
sboss18
No, I was debating the dictionary definition of "Sandwich," which was the entire point of this debate. If you weren't ready to argue semantics, why did you start this in the first place?
Posted by WorstLife 4 days ago
WorstLife
You're arguing the dictionary definition of hotdog. And I'm fine with stopping.
Posted by sboss18 4 days ago
sboss18
No idea what that means, sooooo.......okay then? Are we done here?
Posted by WorstLife 4 days ago
WorstLife
I maybe arguing myself into a corner, but at least I'm not arguing a book.
Posted by WorstLife 4 days ago
WorstLife
can't**
Posted by sboss18 4 days ago
sboss18
1. Okay
2. Dude, read my posts more carefully (and your own for that matter), I don't think you understand what I'm saying.
3. That literally contradicts the word "separate".

sep"a"rate.
As a verb (which is how we're using it): 1.cause to move or be apart:
2.divide or cause to divide into constituent or distinct elements:
As a noun: things forming units by themselves, in particular.

If it's still connected, then it obviously hasn't been separated. You're arguing yourself into a corner.
Posted by WorstLife 4 days ago
WorstLife
1. I just admit to that mistake
2. If that definition is from the dictionary, how come I site it as well?
3. A bun is "separate or be separated into parts:", the separate parts are just connected at the base.
Posted by sboss18 4 days ago
sboss18
You never cited a dictionary definition for "cut in half". That's what I was referring to. Also, you literally read a definition with the word "divide" in it, then go on to say it didn't say "divide".
Also ALSO, here's another definition:

di"vide.
[dəG2;vīd]
VERB
1.separate or be separated into parts:

Key word being "separate". My argument still stands. To cut in half means to separate into two approximately-equal portions.
Vote Placed by Capitalistslave 1 day ago
Capitalistslave
WorstLifesboss18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made a more convincing argument since he brought up how pro failed to define sandwich, and pointed out that hot dogs are in fact not a city. In addition, con provided a source on the matter of hot dogs and that they are not a sandwich. Con gets most reliable sources since they provided a source directly tied to hot dogs, whereas pro provided a source from Fox News, which is not an authority on hot dogs.
Vote Placed by RainbowDash52 4 days ago
RainbowDash52
WorstLifesboss18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues hotdogs are sideways sandwhich, which makes sense. Con gives a source to show hotdogs aren't sandwhiches, but his source actually says hotdogs aren't just sandwhiches and the two terms aren't interchangeable, so it doesn't prove his point. Pro cites the merriam webster dictionary showing it is a sandwhich. Con tried to give a new definition to "Sandwhich", but couldn't be the same sandwhich in the resolution because his definition was a proper noun which is always capitalized, but "sandwhich" was not capitalized in the resolution. Finally, Con tries to argue that hotdogs don't have 2 pieces of bread, but in Con's source, every picture of a hotdog contains 2 peices of bread, so Con's argument fails. Clear win for Pro.