Should illegal drugs become legal

My case is based on the Psychological and medical aspect. when taking drugs such as crack, pot, and acid the mind is affected in both of my topics, the mind is twisted permanently and illusions are common years after use. on the medical side, when using drugs your mind destroys itself and kills brain cells leading to drops in IQ, seizures, and possible organ damage.
to use drugs damages mind and body there is no way they should be made legal

As the debate is only one round i'll post mine and attack my opponents.

Just before the debate, let me clarify the topic: The topic says that illegal rugs but not all drugs.

Contention 1: Not all drugs are harmful

This site tells you that there are at least 10 drugs are good for medical purposes and with these medical purposes, drugs are good. The site tells you the 10 drugs are are not harmful and in fact helps people.

Gosh only 500 words. why?
Posted by debate339 2 years ago
I apologize for any confusion, i am a novice debater new to the game and am not yet in the forensics league.
I am using this website to practice my debating skills for upcoming novice nights in my district, so i appreciate your comments and ill try to make it less vague, one sided and short next time i create a debate
Posted by Trevor0514 2 years ago
Would you possibly update you argument to make it a little bit more understandable. I think I get what you are saying but could you possibly reword it?
Posted by themohawkninja 2 years ago
Their illegality is what harms other people. By themselves, they don't harm anyone else (bad hallucinogenic trips aside) but the person taking them.

I'd debate this, but you are arguing that the medical problems are valid, and not that making them legal will decrease the overall harm to society.

Nobody could argue against you and win on your terms.
Posted by Jacob60rt 2 years ago
This debate it to vauge if it was like weed should be legal then it would be a good debate.
Vote Placed by Josh_b 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: The topics ambiguity proves that some drugs should become legal is a reasonable argument. Being that not all drugs cause sever mental health problems, there is a case for legalizing some illegal drugs, which the FDA does already. I vote for pro's argument because it is realistic.
Vote Placed by Romanii 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments goes to Con because Pro's argument was based on a single link to a not-particularly-reliable site. However, that single link was one more link than Con cited, so Sources goes to Pro.