MicheIIe
WarTurtle10101

Should illegal immigrants be allowed to stay in American and get U.S citizen rights?

MicheIIe has forfeited round #3.

MicheIIe

Con

Illegal immigrants should not be allowed to stay in America and get U.S citizen rights.

Whether they have good intentions or not, they're breaking the law and shouldn't be here. They are here illegally in America and set a bad example for people. Since they can get away with breaking the law, why can't I rob a store and get away with it too?

It's either we follow all of the laws, or none of the laws.
WarTurtle10101

Pro

Hello I am here that to say that I am willing to accept your debate. I believe that illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay in our country. This looks like it should turn out to be a good debate.
MicheIIe

Con

Why do you think illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay in America and get basic U.S citizen rights.

Like I previously said, they're breaking the law.

Also, why did my mom and our family friends have to wait to come here legally when now anybody can just come to America and have people literally paying them and supporting them breaking the law? Shouldn't people take the process to become American citizens so we know more about them? Criminals and terrorists could be coming to our country. We can't assume all illegal immigrants are coming here for a better life.
WarTurtle10101

Pro

Alright so yes illegal immigrants do come here illegally but they are also literally part of the economy.

"The U.S. civilian workforce includes 8 million unauthorized immigrants. [1]. So one reason I believe that they should stay is because they are part of our workforce. So if you were to punish all these immigrants who have made homes and families here, which I assume is by deportation. You would be taking away 8 million jobs which would completely devastate our economy.

"The Social circles." [2]. All of these immigrants came here for one reason or another, maybe where they live is a war zone. Or they can't support there family where they live. Now that they have been here they have friends and family here that they would be separated from. Destroying those social circles would cause sorrow and distraught through millions and millions of people. I also strongly encourage that you watch the video about this argument that I posted at the bottom. It is part of my argument so it will explain my point.

"Immigrant advocates today are strategically calling the $12,500 cost a "deportation tax.". Department of Homeland Security estimates that there are roughly 11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. If you do the math, that would mean it would cost $137 billion to deport all illegal immigrants." [3]. 137 BILLION DOLLARS! That is a lot of money that would be punishing people that are just trying to save their families. All that money could be used for better things, like building a better immigration system that helps with immigrants, so they don't attempt to come to this country illegally. Don't get me wrong I don't support illegals coming in. But I also don't support kicking those out that have good intentions.

"The problem is not immigration, per se. The problem is the "free lunch society" of Medicaid, disability, schools, foods stamps, etc., etc., that makes it desirable for masses of people to want to come to the US for handouts." [4]. This is just stating another reason why immigrants are rushing forth to come to the U.S.

You stated, "Criminals and terrorists could be coming to our country. We can't assume all illegal immigrants are coming here for a better life." this is what I have to reply to that. "154 foreign-born terrorists in the United States who killed 3,024 people in attacks from 1975 through the end of 2015. Ten of them were illegal immigrants, 54 were lawful permanent residents (LPR), 19 were students, 1 entered on a K-1 fianc"(e) visa, 20 were refugees, 4 were asylum seekers, 34 were tourists on various visas, and 3 were from Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries. [5]. And also. "Only 10 illegal immigrants became terrorists, a minuscule 0.000038 percent of the 26.5 million who entered from 1975 through 2015." [5]. "Only one of those illegal immigrants, Ahmed Ajaj, actually succeeded in killing an American." [5] So only one of the ten illegals was only able to kill one person. That means that you had 0.0000038% chance of being killed by an illegal.

http://www.pewresearch.org... [1]
https://www.ted.com... [2]
(That was the video)
http://blog.chron.com... [3]
https://freedomoutpost.com... [4]
https://www.cato.org... [5]
Posted by WarTurtle10101 7 months ago
WarTurtle10101
feel free to post ur opinion here or ask any questions if you are confused by anything