roadrider13
Roboman1723

Should infants be allowed in movie theaters???

Roboman1723 has forfeited round #2.

roadrider13

Con

So picture this, you are at the movies with a friend so you can watch the latest action film...But then a baby starts crying and ruins the "silent" movie experience for everybody. I think babies shouldn't be allowed at the movies for plenty of reasons. First, the loudness of the movie can hurt the baby's ear drums since their ears are fresh from the oven and they need to still develop. Another reason is that it is a annoyances to everyone watching the movie. I don't want to offend any new parents but if you want to show your baby a movie that came in theaters, what for it to be on DVD in about a month or so, then watch it at home, so if the baby goes ballistic on tears, its not annoying anyone that you don't know. Last reason, the babies might not know what the F*** is going on. Since their born early, they still need to learn what is what. I like babies, just not in movie theaters interrupting. I hope you can understand.
Roboman1723

Pro

1. Why as a business owner would I bar such a huge audience segment like young parents with babies? Business is about bottom line and barring any customers would hurt it.

2. What studies do you have that show movies are disproportionately harmful to infants versus children and adults?
roadrider13

Con

Most infants have fragile parts to them when they are young, for example, would a nascar stock car sound louder if you were young????
Posted by FanboyMctroll 8 months ago
FanboyMctroll
The loser cheap skate parents should hire a babysitter or nanny instead of bringing the whining kid to a theater, a nice restaurant or anywhere else and ruining everyone else's night, because they are too cheap to leave the kid at home.

Your crying kid is your problem, so I say tell them off and tell them to leave the movie theater. People pay good money to go out and enjoy themselves, I don't want to listen to a kid whaling away in my ear.

Last time this happened to me at a restaurant I snapped and just shouted on the top of my lungs "For the love of Christ"!! The parents got all upset and I told them to get the fvck out. See an employee can't ask them to leave, but if other customers complain then they have to go. And they did, after telling me I'm an a-hole, I just laughed!!!
Posted by Masterful 8 months ago
Masterful
What's worse is having babies on a plane. It's a bit like snakes on a plane, but with babies.
Posted by Nd2400 8 months ago
Nd2400
Totally agree with you Babies shouldn't be in a movie theater.