CurtisakaALNTVenom360
Ozzyhead

Should kid 15 and younger play video games and is it bad for them?

Ozzyhead
Started: 5/22/2014 Category: Games

CurtisakaALNTVenom360

Con

I don't think they should because of the cursing at a young age. For one it says mature audience for a reason i known i'm not the only gamer who is tired of hearing kids complain and whine cry, and annoying voices over the mic and cry about it when they get made fun of. I also its the parents responsibility to watch what there kids play if there violent it's not cause he or she play's video games who do they hang out with and its usually what they see there parents do or around the where they live.
Ozzyhead

Pro

As someone who has played video games since the age of 3, now 18, almost 19, I disagree. Curse words being bad is actually a whole other debate. Words don't matter, the context they are used in does. But that's not the debate.
Let's get to the debate. The parents are not responsible to watch their kids play violent video games, it's their responsibility to explain to them that it reenacting the events inside the violent video games is wrong. I have played violent video games my whole life. My video games from 3 years old were James Bond video games as well as professional wrestling games. Also, from the age of 6, I have played the games from the Grand Theft Auto series. I have yet to steal a car or commit a violent act on another human being. In fact, I'm rather shy about approaching individuals. One's surroundings have a biggerv effect on their actions. Video games cannot be to blame, and this is supported with facts.
CurtisakaALNTVenom360

Con

wel what iiif they did do something violent and they were to copy what they seen on the game. would it be there parents fault or the child ? the parent should not buy games that rated M for there under aged children. Theirs a reason for the ratings. if there not going to be used why do they even use them? kids now days are smart but dumb just as some adults are when it come to copying games think about kids want to join the military thinking its like call of duty or battle field and thinking it's just a game.
Ozzyhead

Pro

As I said, a parent should teach their child that copying a video game and it's violent behavior will have negative consequences. The ratings are there so people know what they are getting in to. It's not up to the rest of the world to teach you right from wrong, it's your own judgement with the help of parental figures. All to often, parents are leaving it up to the schools to teach their kids right from wrong, teach them about sex and drugs and alcohol, when that stuff is up to the parents. Why has Rockstar won all of its cases involving someone copying Grand Theft Auto? Because it's not their fault. Parents shouldn't censor the harshness this world has for their children. Children will learn and react on their own no matter what. And kids will always have access to these games. It's like alcohol for people under 21. You can make the rules all the time but someone will break them. If you censor a child from the world, their reactions to it in the future would be the same if they were young. If you show me a study where everything I said is false than I will retract my statements. You know the old "his mother didn't hug him enough" saying when someone goes nuts? Well, that's all they need. Tell them violence happens, hug them when they need it, and tell them what is wrong and why it's wrong.
CurtisakaALNTVenom360

Con

CurtisakaALNTVenom360 forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Pro

I extend my arguments. I also have to say that George Carlin was the best comedian to ever take the stage. What does that have to do with this debate? Let's see how my opponent refutes this claim. If not, then I will assume my argument was so perfect that my opponent had nothing to say in response
CurtisakaALNTVenom360

Con

CurtisakaALNTVenom360

Con

Ozzyhead

Pro

Gosh, what a great argument. I don't know how to respond to that
Posted by Narwhalicorn 3 years ago
Narwhalicorn
Just saying, if they're joining the military, they're not a kid. They're usually at the age of eighteen, and have gone through mental and physical evaluation. Your link of CoD and the military isn't exactly sound.
Posted by BasicLogic 3 years ago
BasicLogic
If they're 15. Then they already know every single curse
Vote Placed by DarthKirones 2 years ago
DarthKirones
CurtisakaALNTVenom360OzzyheadTied
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
CurtisakaALNTVenom360OzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: The resolution is difficult to comprehend, as is some of Con's work due to poor S&G. I think Pro's counter-argument of 'it's the parent's responsibility' was addressed, but no sufficiently, especially considering he forfeits. The world can sometimes be violent, and you can't hide that from children forever.