TheBlackDragon04
Miriam14

Should kids (12 and under) have a cell phone?

Miriam14

TheBlackDragon04

Con

Kids should not have a cell phone, because they are traveling into a era that they do not fully understand. They will be immature with it, and not actually use it for any emergencies. Think about it for a second. A maniac/raper is chasing you with a knife. While you are running for your life, do you really have time to call 911. No! Because you are trying to get out of there! Let me give you another situation. You just got into a severe car accident, would you call 911 or home to get help? Well, half the time you are either unconscience, already dead, or disoriented. The other half of the the time, teenagers wouldn't want to fess up to their parents. Cell phones are a waste of your money, and a waste of your kid's time and life.
Miriam14

Pro

Actually that is not true, it all depends on the child. Just because one child was immature doesn't even that everyone must miss out. And also yeah they must be under parental control, but having a cell phone can sometimes means that the child is starting to become more independent so this suggests that they are getting more responsibility.
TheBlackDragon04

Con

Yes, and responsibility is a wornderful thing to give your children. But a cell phone is not the way to go. Answer this. What would a 8 year old need with a cell phone? And don't even get me started on the countless hours they will spend blabbering on the phone, playing games, or browsing safari.
Miriam14

Pro

8 is a bit young but 11 isn't. And believe it or not 11 is under 12! 11 year old get involved in many things like sport and all so a cell phone is a way that they can communicate with their parents, telling them where they are. Yeah kids spend loads of time on it, that is where the parents should put their foot down and lay down rules about how long they are allowed on it at a time.
TheBlackDragon04

Con

You could still put your foot down, and they will still disobey you. Many of the times, they will keep going on their phone when an adult is talking to them. When families go to restaurants, they will spend the whole time until they get the food doing something on their cell phone. They might even still be on their phone when they are eating. The internet is a bad place for children too. With all of the online predators and black market websites, it can be a bad place for kids to fall into.
Miriam14

Pro

Miriam14 forfeited this round.
TheBlackDragon04

Con

TheBlackDragon04 forfeited this round.
Miriam14

Pro

That all depends on how the child is if they disobey then the parents should just take it away. Or if there are good and they listen, then the child should be rewarded.
TheBlackDragon04

Con

TheBlackDragon04 forfeited this round.
Miriam14

Pro

Miriam14 forfeited this round.
Posted by yoosamue 10 months ago
yoosamue
I think kids should have phones because I can pick my kids up after school, they can let me know whenever they need me, I can contact them anytime I want. Thats because im not watching over my kids they can tell me what's going on they can tell me how the schools going, they can tell me everything around them to by text messages. I think kids having the phone is more important than not having a phone.
Posted by Francthegreat 10 months ago
Francthegreat
That is a good point and I agree with you that children under the age of 12 don't need cell phones considering they are with there parents most of the time.Its only when they turn 13 they start to do more but even then / now for me we need to have super vision and blocked websites.
Vote Placed by 42lifeuniverseverything 9 months ago
42lifeuniverseverything
TheBlackDragon04Miriam14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had burden of proof as instigator and did not fully deliver. Con ignored/agreed with Pro's response to his situational examples. Unfortunately Pro had no support to validate their response that some kids handle cell phones well. Pro brought up arbitrary age limit under 12, but Con concede the point by ignoring it. Pro arguing for rules to be set in place was never responded adequately to by Con, who instead brought up a new argument. Finally, Pro made an attempt to continue the debate, but Con forfeited his chance to respond. This leads to an argument score of 4 point to Pro, 1 point to Con. Good debate and interesting topic to debate!