JJROCKS
fire_wings

Should kids 4-6 have tablets

fire_wings
Started: 6/14/2016 Category: Technology

JJROCKS

Pro

Yes. Kids 4-6 should have tablets. It could help them with the future. Most people who didn't grow up with electronics weren't very good with them in the future. Most jobs have technology in them.
fire_wings

Con

Ave

I accept this debate. I'm gonna make my arguments in this round.

Observations

O1: The Burden of proof in this debate is shared. Both sides are required to make offense.
O2: As this is a 4000 character debate, very short, my arguments won't be that long.

Con's case

Argument 1: Very unlikely/ Too heavy

This is a source of what a child can accomplish when he or she is 4-5 years old [1]. They can barely write their name, draw shapes, know words like stop, and can handle a spoon or fork. They can't really lift things, how can they lift a tablet? This is almost impossible, as I shown above, the children are to young to even hold a tablet, and it is very likely that they will drop it, and break it. It's literally impossible, and only bad effects, so we should not let them.

Children can barely hold a fork or spoon. And average spoon is around 25 grams [2]. And tablets weight 800 grams [3]. This is 32 times the weight of a spoon, so obviously, a child can't hold it, it is not possible, and we shouldn't do it. Some children might crack the tablet when doing it.

It's not only weight, either. The children can barely read, 4 colors and 3 shapes as the source says. How do you think they will know what it says in the tablet? They will not know what a setting means, message, and might know home. They can't even know what it means, so it is useless for them to have tablets, when they doon't even understand what it is.

Argument 2: Responsiblity

My second argument is about responsibilty. Children who are 4-6 have almost now responsbility. This is very logical. The average cost of a tablet is 386$ [4]. This is a lot of money, and children who are 4-6 don't have much responsibilty, and will play around with it, and possibly break it. Because the kids don't have a sense of responsibilty, we should not let them have tablets

Pro's case

Rebuttal 1:
"Yes. Kids 4-6 should have tablets. It could help them with the future. Most people who didn't grow up with electronics weren't very good with them in the future. Most jobs have technology in them."

That is Pro's argument. Yes, it helps them in the future, but then, it is too early. My opponent says that most people who don't work with eletronics won't be good in their future. But this isn't the right time, they are to unresponsible, and they might break it, and after they are older and responsible, the parents still might not give them eletronics, because of what happened when you were 4-6. Therefore, this is a bad time, and Pro's arguments fail. Vote Con.

The outcome is pretty clear. This will be almost impossible for a child 4-6 to hold a tablet, and for it to read what the tablet says. The children are not responsible enough, so clearly, they should not have tablets.

[1] http://www.webmd.com...
[2] https://en.wikiversity.org...
[3] http://www.ict-pulse.com...
[4] http://www.pcworld.com...

As a result, vote Con.

Vale

JJROCKS

Pro

JJROCKS forfeited this round.
JJROCKS

Pro

JJROCKS forfeited this round.
fire_wings

Con

I EXTEND MY ARGUMENTS, VOTE CON!!!!!!!!!
Posted by HungryBoot 9 months ago
HungryBoot
Yes, I do agree with @JJROCKS when he says this will make usage of technology in the future, in maybe jobs, or just convenience, but 4-6? When I first read the name of this I was dumbfounded; 4-6 tablets?
UPDATED:
Oh... age 4-6. Oh...
Posted by HungryBoot 9 months ago
HungryBoot
Vote Placed by Ragnar 11 months ago
Ragnar
JJROCKSfire_wingsTied
Vote Placed by Zephyr8 11 months ago
Zephyr8
JJROCKSfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 11 months ago
ThinkBig
JJROCKSfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeits giving con the conduct point. Con showed that tablets are too heavy for kids to be able to properly handle and are too irresponsible. This was never refuted due to the forfeits. Pro argues that kids should be exposed to technology as all jobs require them. Con counters by showing that it is too early for them. Con wins.