ash132455454
lord_megatron

Should kids be allowed to play violent games?

lord_megatron
Started: 6/3/2016 Category: Games

ash132455454

Con

Is it good for kids to play violent games?
lord_megatron

Pro

Why not? Action games are the most fun ones.
ash132455454

Con

ash132455454 forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

I was hoping for a rebuttal, for I really can't make many points otherwise.
Anyways, violent (or specifically action games) are better stressbusters than normal video games in many gamers' opinion. Moreover, the bad effects of violent games haven't been proven yet. These links indicate that there is still no concrete evidence that violent games induce violence or stress. In fact, I find forfeited debates more stressful than action games like Shadow Fight. Doesn't mean debating should be banned. Children must learn to control their temper by themselves, for in the real world there are far more serious things than action games that raise our temper. Banning action games is the same logic that action movies and boxing should be banned, and I don't think we have many people who want to ban these things. The media and major adults are against the videogames industry, and therefore all these fictional "studies" and stuff are being conducted. Banning games is not the solution.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
http://www.techaddiction.ca...
ash132455454

Con

ash132455454 forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

Moreover, anger is a human emotion that must be harnessed by all children. Removing sources of anger wouldn't help. Also, think about all those hard-working developers now having their supply of money cut off due to this ban. Think of the teens who now are getting stressed out by work, and have no outlet to relieve themselves. I think everyone has a right to entertainment, and that it should remain an individual choice whether or not to play action games. Action movies, boxing, martial arts have no studies conducted on their viewers or participants to check signs of anger. Why the bias for video games?
ash132455454

Con

ash132455454 forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

Extend my arguments
ash132455454

Con

ash132455454 forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

Due to full ff, please vote for me
Posted by staylore 8 months ago
staylore
No one says you should limit your imagination what you do with is another thing. A person was told me great powers come with responsibility. That is from Spiderman but it very accurate to what a person should do after playing violent games. A kid may already know that violence is bad, but may not know that doing the action is wrong. People can misjudge the persons ability to perceive the right and wrongs of others. I do believe that inately you can oversome any fear. It is possible that the fear of doing something wrong can be untold is you learn from seeing something wrong. As to why should the person should stop. Well that is because that personalready learned what is wrong with that game. The game is a lesson plan built in the kids mind. He does it to learn the pain it goes through. No one saying you need to be swallow that whole game up to learn just a few tricks. No it tells me that society has no taught us to learn the pain that we all go through.
Posted by staylore 8 months ago
staylore
Vote Placed by Udel 8 months ago
Udel
ash132455454lord_megatronTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con does not explain why kids shouldn't be able to play violent games. Pro says the harmful effects of them haven't been proven and we do not ban other things in society that may have more harmful effects. Con conceded which is loss of conduct points and his lack of rebuttal to Pro means Pro wins arguments.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 8 months ago
fire_wings
ash132455454lord_megatronTied
Reasons for voting decision: ffety ff