BlueDestroyer434
TH3Antag0nist

Should kids do chores?

TH3Antag0nist

BlueDestroyer434

Pro

Of course kids should do chores! Chores promote responsibility as well as earn some trust from their parents. Chores can help the kid be responsible because he or she can eventually learn how to take care of their household in the future. Studies have shown that parents would trust their kids more if they did their chores without being asked and pushed.

My 1st debate, so go as hard as you can on me!
TH3Antag0nist

Con

Chores are not a good thing. Chores are a dreaded childhood moment for me and I'm sure many others as well. Chores do not promote responsibility. Chores are the things that children avoid when coming home from school. A child should only have to take care of themselves. Clean their own room,wash their own clothes, and wash their own dishes. Parents use kids to do the things that they are too lazy to do. Parents often use the excuse ," I am tired from work." While parents do not realize that school is no cake walk and a child does not want to do chores right after school.
You said ,"Studies have shown that parents would trust their kids more if they did their chores without being asked and pushed." Well I would like to see these "studies". This is your first debate but you must site your sources. Again, I believe that children should do chores that pertain to themselves to learn how to live on their own. But doing chores for other people that are full capable of doing it themselves is irrelevant.
BlueDestroyer434

Pro

Parents more stressed than some kids think they are. They have taxes, food, kids, and work all stacked into one. Life for an adult is not that simple. Chores can actually help a parent have one less thing to do during their day. Even though some days in school may be hard for the student, do schools keep on piling and piling more homework every night? A well-planned student can complete his homework, balance his extra-curricular activities, and yet, do chores. Trustworthiness also comes from parents after you do your chores. They'll begin to believe in you and think you can control yourself when it comes with entertainment. Therefore, chores are a great way to earn trust, responsibility, and an understanding if what it's going to be like in the future.
TH3Antag0nist

Con

First, paying taxes only takes about 1 hour at most. Buying and cooking food takes an hour at most. Once a child reaches about 6 they can mostly take care of themselves. At that age parents want them to be doing chores. When a parent first has a child they know the burden that comes with it. They cannot use a child as an excuse not to do chores.

You said. " Even though some days in school may be hard for the student, do schools keep on piling and piling more homework every night?" At most jobs they don't keep piling and piling more work on every day. School is like work. You have to work hard most of the time, you get breaks often, and you are surrounded by your peers. Also, in most school there is homework everyday that does pile on and on. Some jobs require you to do homework while others don't. An adult can quit their job at any time too. While a student is forced to stay in school.

You said," They'll begin to believe in you and think you can control yourself when it comes with entertainment." What does this debate and entertainment have to do with each other. If this had not been a 2 round debate maybe you could have clarified. Until then that sentence is completely irrelevant to this debate.

Your concluding sentence is this," Therefore, chores are a great way to earn trust, responsibility, and an understanding if what it's going to be like in the future." Doing chores is not going to help children understand what the future will be like. Doing chores will not help them with, owning a car, marriage, children, or college.

I believe that a child should only have to clean up after themselves. The Pro seems to think that the life of every adult is a terrible one and they cannot go on to do another chore. I think the Pro is forgetting one key factor in this debate. Children need to be Children.

"Children must be taught how to think, not what to think."
R13; Margaret Mead

"Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors."
R13; Khaled Hosseini

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
R13; Albert Einstein

"I cannot go to school today"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.

My mouth is wet, my throat is dry.
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox.

And there's one more - that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes are blue,
It might be the instamatic flu.

I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke.
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in.

My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My toes are cold, my toes are numb,

I have a sliver in my thumb.

My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,

I think my hair is falling out.

My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,

There's a hole inside my ear.

I have a hangnail, and my heart is ...
What? What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is .............. Saturday?

G'bye, I'm going out to play!"
R13; Shel Silverstein
Posted by Stevenknight 10 months ago
Stevenknight
Damn auto correct degenitive brain disease
Posted by Stevenknight 10 months ago
Stevenknight
I'm going to say this one time dummy. It depends on the circumstances. My wife does not work but she has defensive brain disease 7 dead spots in her brain. She has epilepsy, Lupas, phybermialgia. My son has 14 issues. He can see with glasses but he is legally blind, color blind, he has adhd, ocd, odd, bi-polar, type 1 manic, schizophrenia and five others that he has been tested on. Myself I messed up the tendency in my knees in the military and I fell 67 for from a Derrick. I have worked in the oil field for almost 20 years until I got layer off in December. I'm now going to college to be a nurse to be able to take care of the both of them. So to have my son do chores to help out then it has to be.
Posted by Lukesabro 1 year ago
Lukesabro
That is good but I vote on CONS
Posted by clashofclans 3 years ago
clashofclans
Good writing i agree with you on the chores even tho i don't have too
Posted by TH3Antag0nist 3 years ago
TH3Antag0nist
why?
Posted by clashofclans 3 years ago
clashofclans
Lol
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 3 years ago
PiercedPanda
BlueDestroyer434TH3Antag0nistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better arguments. Furthermore, superior grammar.