hopiepie
Councillor01

Should kids get paid to go to school?

hopiepie

Con

I'm a child and I believe that we shouldn't get paid to go to school. Sure we would be more motivated and sure it would be nice to be paid a little extra, but there are also more reasons that we shouldn't be paid. Our parents could become dependent on us, or we might become very stressed to get good grades so we can get the money. Plus, where does the money come from? The teachers! Our teachers will get paid less than what they get now! Think about them! Some can probably barely support themselves right now and if they get paid less, they might have to get another job on the side, or worse, quit entirely. Then who would teach us? We are still people, but the teachers are here to work. Don't hurt them because you're selfish!
Councillor01

Pro

It is my strong belief children deserve to get paid for attending school. I will happily justify my opinion with the fact that if we did not go to school, thousands of Teachers would be without a job so it actually benefits them! Also,( this is a very controversial point) even though an active education is required to get good GCSE grades, some rebellious children will refuse to attend school because they ' do everything for nothing'! Do not be mistaken, this would not be placed as a bribe, simply a reward for children for spending their lives at a school and working moderately hard to get by and a way for teachers to show they care for their students!

Ethan Stringer of Hob Green Council
hopiepie

Con

You do make excellent points, but I can prove them to be wrong. First of all, I know plenty of children who do not just "drop out" or do not attend class, so the teachers won't lose their jobs. Secondly, those kids who think that we're quote "doing everything for nothing," do not deserve to get a proper education, because they are doing everything for something. They are getting knowledge! Knowledge of the world and how it works! Some of it may seem useless, but they wouldn't be teaching it if it was. And those "rewards" that students get, will make them strive harder, but shouldn't they work hard just because they want to do something great in life? I make good grades because I want to be something more than the girl who takes orders at McDonalds. I want to discover things that others could not fathom! And it all starts here, at school. I need the proper foundation of education to be able to go on. So I work my hardest to do so.
Councillor01

Pro

Councillor01 forfeited this round.
hopiepie

Con

hopiepie forfeited this round.
Councillor01

Pro

Councillor01 forfeited this round.
Posted by duck_swag1 3 years ago
duck_swag1
I say that we should be getting paid if you look at my debates i have it too.