mayaaaaaaa
nerdyprincess

Should kids have chores?

mayaaaaaaa has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

mayaaaaaaa

Pro

I disagree and say that kids should have chores. A 75 year Harvard study found that kids who were giving chores became more independent in life. Now, most schools don't really give out homework anymore. Plus, chores only take about 5-10 min. to complete. Kids are to much sucked into the world of technology and don't really go outside anymore either. According to centerforparentingeducation.com, "Research indicates that those children who do have a set of chores have higher self-esteem, are more responsible, and are better able to deal with frustration and delay gratification, all of which contribute to greater success in school." And, "Furthermore, research by Marty Rossman* shows that involving children in household tasks at an early age can have a positive impact later in life. In fact, says Rossman, "the best predictor of young adults" success in their mid-20"s was that they participated in household tasks when they were three or four."

Who doesn't want all that for their child?
Plus, If you were a parent, would you really want to do more work AFTER a day of work? No, I think not. Would you rather walk into a clean house or a messy one
nerdyprincess

Con

One of my adversary's arguments is that homework these days don't occupy that much time, but if the child has great dreams and is working hard to help achieve those goals then being parents they shouldn't stop them by occupying their time with chores. My adversary also listed numerous virtues that chores help with but for a child to really possess those virtues they should not be forced but instead willing to help their parents. Then my opposition stated that it would be exhausting for the parent to to household chores after work, but the same thing applies to children after a day of intense learning at school.
Posted by Arganger 2 weeks ago
Arganger
For a lot of people homework takes up their entire day. I have seen my siblings stay up past 12:00 doing nothing but homework, after going to school for eight hours starting very early in the morning. No free time. My school doesn't exactly have homework, though you can work at home thankfully.
Posted by DontArgueWithMe3333 2 weeks ago
DontArgueWithMe3333
I am in high school and i do the dishes along with 2 hours of baseball practice, and I have plenty of free time.
DontArgueWithMe3333
Exhausting after a day of school. R U KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?
DontArgueWithMe3333
Chores. Really? Yes, you should do chores. You have to do them when you grow up so you should figure it out earlier. How can you even argue against this?