erickim0109
Rational_Thinker9119

Should kids have snacks in class?

erickim0109

Pro

I think children should have snacks in class. The reason why is that kids are hungry in class often, so, they have to recharge their energy. So teachers should let kids have snacks in class
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

Eating is distracting, and takes up valuable class time when the child should be using that time for learning. Also, children tend to be rather messy, suggesting more time is then wasted due to cleaning up the mess. Not only that, but other classmates seeing a student eating may trigger something in in the children's brain to make them hungry as well. In this situation, you have a class of students thinking about food more then their studies. My opponent mentions energy, but it is not up to the school to make sure that a child does not skip the most important meal of the day, as that is the parent's job before school starts. Regardless, there generally does not seem to be anything preventing a student showing up to school 10 minutes before class begins to get some nutrition. If the student eats breakfast, the student will be sufficiently energized and full. Once the child eats a decent meal at lunch, it is all smooth sailing. Snacks in the classroom, overall, do not seem to be necessary; with more negative effects than positive being the result.
erickim0109

Pro

erickim0109 forfeited this round.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

I will forfeit this round as well, just to even it up. I still want to give Pro a chance to prove his/ her case.
erickim0109

Pro

erickim0109 forfeited this round.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

My opponent has forfeited the debate. Vote Con.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Within firm limits I agree.