TPT123
Nametaken

Should kids have the right to vote?

TPT123

Pro

Should kids have the right to vote? Yes. Denying it is like denying basic rights. It is a plain and simple fact. Sorry my debate is so short, however I am conserving my debate for your counters.
Nametaken

Con

I hesitated to accept this debate based, based on my actual opinion, but since you have been so kind as to ask me to this debate, I will accept. thank you for the challenge.
Firstly, I want to make sure that we are talking about kids - meaning people who are under eighteen.

I'd like to open with just a few points:
-kids are always surrounded by influence; in adulthood, individuality is revered, whereas in childhood, one who differs is often subject to peer pressure or some kind of bullying. Even those who follow the crowd are pressured by their peers. They are, also invariably, quite impressionable, and therefore their opinion could be not their own individual opinion, but another's. A child is also very likely to simply reflect the opinion of their parents.
-Also, most laws passed do not affect kids directly - some suffer from effects the laws have on their parents. A kid is still in the process of being educated in government and history, and therefore may not qualify by knowledge. This is a very serious issue. If one does not know the system, how can one predict its effects? Kids don't pay taxes, they don't work. In the system we have now, only education laws could effect kids, and so really the laws don't concern them quite directly.
- American democracy itself is flawed. How can a group of people who have uneducated opinions based on the words of others beat out the votes of those who have made and intellectual analysis of each candidate and chosen one who would do well in that position? People are becoming less and less inclined to think; and those who do are very outnumbered. What if children join that number? There are so many very educated and great kids out there who could be one of those intellectual people - but they should let themselves mature before they make any decisions out of haste.
People already take advantage of the system by gathering impressionable sheep to follow them; children would be more susceptible to this. They should be given more time to mature.

Thanks for the invite, I appreciate it.
TPT123

Pro

TPT123 forfeited this round.
Nametaken

Con

Why did you forfeit?
TPT123

Pro

TPT123 forfeited this round.
Nametaken

Con

Why did you bring up the debate if you didn't want to debate? What happened?
TPT123

Pro

TPT123 forfeited this round.
TPT123

Pro

TPT123 forfeited this round.
Nametaken

Con

Nametaken forfeited this round.