Should kids have to wear uniform in School
Debate Rounds (2)
1. Uniforms may increase a student’s self esteem because they do not have to worry constantly to be better dressed than those around them. Many kids are discouraged by the fact that they don't own, or cannot afford some of the clothing other kids can. Uniforms put all kids at the same level, and takes that much more stress off the students that cannot afford the latest "fashion".
2. Uniforms improve learning by not allowing kids to be distracted. Clothes can be a huge distraction when you are in the classroom, especially if you are bored. Kids always want to know what others are wearing and even judge other students over it. Uniforms eliminate this problem and helps kids to stay focused in class.
3. Uniforms show that everyone there with you is part of your school. It shows you are all part of a team. It promotes school spirit and shows that everyone there is "on the same side". This togetherness helps to eliminate division among students at the school and reduces bullying.
4. Uniforms help the school faculty to quickly identify who is part of the school and in the end could actually help in keeping strangers and potentially dangerous people off the campus.
5. Bullies like to pick on kids who are lesser than them, and therefore tend to pick on kids who do not wear quality or popular clothes. By implementing school uniforms this problem is solved.
School uniforms have helped improve schools, as emphasized by one study that finds that “various benefits to wearing uniforms were reported, including decreases in discipline, gang involvement and bullying; and increases in safety, eases of going to school, confidence and self-esteem. Additionally, school police data showed a 63 percent reduction in police log reports during the first year of implementation. Other decreases were noted in reports of gang-related activities and student fights, along with graffiti, property damage, battery and administrative assist. “ 
"kids shouldnt have to wear uniforms because uniforms are expensive especially to unfornate families"
Uniforms are actually relatively inexpensive and the benefits it gives to the students of the school far outweighs that it may cost more than poor parents would like to spend. In addition, it eliminates bullying to a kid who probably would have been wearing ratty clothes compared to others.
"parents have to spend more money on buying uniform just for kids to wear it to one place."
Uniforms are nessecarily just for one place to wear. You can wear it anytime, after all its clothes.
NayaunteAphs forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Subutai 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||4|
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.