KJVPrewrather
daynereese

Should last resort abortion, be safe and legal?

KJVPrewrather

Pro

What if the mother was raped? What if she is 14 or younger? What if something is wrong with the baby? What if the mother has medical problems? What if she is 59? What if the relationship is abusive? For religious reasons, I believe that life begins at conception, but last resort abortion should be safe and legal. Thoae who seek to abolish abortion support forced organ donation, as well as attacking healthcare and contraceptive rights. I would be prolife if Republicans would make it easier to choose life for the baby.
daynereese

Con

The woman is already raped; aborting the innocent baby will not reverse the tragedy that has been bestowed upon the victim, but just because the woman is a victim does not mean that there must be two victims. I am not condoning rape. If the woman does not want to keep the child post-birth, she should give it up for adoption. If she can not financially support herself, it is not her fault that she got impregnated, either the rapist should pay for all medical bills or a government program to help these in need. This is to say that all woman who want abortions for their own mistake should get free money for health bills. Assuming that the 14 year old girl is not raped and the act was consensual, it is here responsibility. She had sex, she should take responsibility for her actions. It is not the baby's fault. If the baby has a mental or physical deficiency, does that mean it does not deserve to live? There are plenty of people who have illnesses, but that does not mean we kill them.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

31 states forbid the victim to choose adoption without her rapist's consent, forcing her to either coparent an unwanted child with her rapist, or hand the baby over to the rapists, and walk away. This alleged choice is rape culture. I was raped, and would have rather been an abortion patient than coparent with a rapist. How dare you dehumanize the worst choice any victim ever has to make. The victim's right to justice outweighs the rights of the unborn. No one is like yay, abortion, shitts and giggles, they are caught in a trap, and abortion is the only way out. Morally committed ideologues should make it easier to choose life, or stfu about abortion. Let's talk supporting a rape or spousal abuse victim's right to not coparent with her abuser. Let's talk about single payer healthcare, and contraception. Let's talk about social programs. Abolishing abortion without addressing the underlying cause is like a bandaid on a flesh wound. Let's get the abortion numbers down, and save
daynereese

Con

I did not have enough characters to put my solution to rape. First of all, rapists are criminals, criminals lose child custody, ipso facto, the rapist does not (or at least should not) have child custody. Assuming they do have child custody, they should absolutely lose it. Rapists should be castrated or killed for their horrendous crime on humanity. I did not "dehumanize the worst choice any victim ever has to make" so you can stop with the identity politics. I even stated that it is a tragedy. If a woman is in an abusive relationship, she should divorce the abuser. Once she has done so, she should automatically win full custody and at that point, be able to give up the child for adoption. Abortion is not the only way out. You can carry it to terms and seek legal action. Rape does not justify murdering an unborn baby. I personally do believe in contraception; since life begins at conception, there is nothing wrong with contraception.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I was raped, so I agree that rapists of subhuman piles of trash that should have no parental rights at all, but they do in 31 states. I don't think a victim who chooses not to coparent is a murderer, she has to make the right choice for her given her situation. Morally committed ideologues should make it easier for rape victims to choose adoption in all 50 states, but they wont. I am so tired of conservatives presenting impossible burdens on women and girls? Is this America?
daynereese

Con

But that is my entire argument- that rapists should lose basically all rights, especially parental rights. When a woman is raped, she has a burden- rape. Killing the baby will not undue that. If you were to argue that a baby is a lot of responsibility, I would say give it up for adoption (assuming that the rapist lose custody which is my argument that they should). If you were to argue that having a baby is a lot of money, I would argue that the rapists should pay for it or a government program designed for rape victims so they will not have to abort. If you were to argue that being pregnant is very painful, I would say that having your head cut off and having your organs sucked out into a vacuum is even more painful. This IS America, where everyone has the right to life, even the smallest of people. They did not ask to be the child of a rapist and victim, but it happened- let them live.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I opine all the time about abortion, but until antis make it easier to choose life, I'm prochoice, or prolife with exceptions. I'm moderate on abortion, not liberal or conservatives. I will make a few points: When two human lives are connected, there has to be some choice. I agree that the baby has rights, but so does the mother, and no 10 year old girl should be forced to give birth. That happens in India, not America, where Sharia law is supposedly illegal. I will say this: Once the baby is 20 weeks old after conception, abortion should be abolished.
daynereese

Con

The ONLY time abortion should even be considered is if carrying the baby to terms will endanger the mother's life-simple. Your argument does not make sense that there has to be a choice when two lives are connected. When a woman is raped, her life is not in danger. There is a possibility that it could be in danger but that is not a result of the rape, just the pregnancy in general. In which circumstance is the ten year old girl in? Was she raped? The baby should never have to pay for what someone else's actions. You will live through rape. You said you were raped, yet here you are. With a ten year old, there is a greater chance for medical complications which would result in endanger her life, so in which case, terminating the pregnancy would be a moral alternative. When denying abortion, what right of the mother is being denied? The baby has the right to life, but so does the mother. That is why my stance on abortion is that is should be illegal unless it endangers the mother's life.
Posted by dsjpk5 5 months ago
dsjpk5
First, if it's not a baby, then you shouldn't be for ANY restrictions on abortion. But, if she is a baby, she deserves our protection. None of the scenarios you described justify killing an innocent baby.

Second, the "forced organ donation" argument is not a valid argument. One can make the case that you shouldn't be forced to donate your kidney, for example, because it's yours and its meant for your use... but what else is a womb for if not for the care of an unborn baby. That's what it's for, to nourish your unborn daughter.
Posted by KJVPrewrather 5 months ago
KJVPrewrather
Debate me. I want to be educated as to why I should support forced organ donation.
Posted by Arganger 5 months ago
Arganger
Most of those are horrible reasons for abortion. The only case it should be legal is if the mother has a 50% chance of dying. That way it puts them on the same level. The ,"What if something is wrong with the baby" is ableist outright even.