yanagurl136
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Should leggings be allowed in school?

yanagurl136

Pro

For years girls have been told that they cannot wear leggings without a longer shirt that completely covers their rear end. And why is that?

Because guys cannot control their eyes and it causes a "distracting environment not suitable for a learning environment".

I think this is an awful reason for girls to have to change their attire. We are not responsible for their eyes or their imaginations; it is not fair for us to have to change the way we dress for them.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

Hello, It's nice to accept your challenge.

It's not their fault that they look at you, it doesn't have to be their fault because It should not be allowed in school. in fact, many schools ban it.

I don't know why you would ask a ridiculous question that schools themselves know the answer to.
yanagurl136

Pro

Actually, it is their faults. Why should girls be punished for guys' lack of self-control. Seriously. It isn't inapproriate; it's comfortable. And for the most part, girls aren't wearing them to tease guys or push their "limits". If guys don't like their reactions to the clothing, then they should keep their eyes where they belong.

Schools shouldn't be able to ban things like leggings because they are a) so common and b) not showing anything inappropriate (i.e., excessive cleavage, excessive skin...etc)
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

It's not their faults that you get in trouble at your high school for wearing leggings at your high school
They don't get in trouble for your leggings, they don't get in trouble at all for your leggings.
Why do you think they have anything to do with your leggings?

You're just assuming it's their faults simply because they're guys.

Stop assuming.
Stop asserting.
yanagurl136

Pro

The REASON we have the rule that we are not allowed to wear leggings is LITERALLY because of the guys. They complained that they were being distracted too much by our bodies which is not JUST happening where I live. It is happening all over the country which is why I asked.

The school administrators are not banning leggings because they are a problem to the girls. They are banning leggings because guys have a problem with it.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

Its not their fault they have the right to report you wearing inappropriate clothing like leggings, tank tops, or anything that shows your cleavage.

You blame them clearly because they have the right to report you to the principal or any administrator to call you up to the office for detention for inappropriate clothing.

Clearly, you are just a rebel towards the school system, if you don't like it, then drop out.
yanagurl136

Pro

I am not a rebel; I am just a little upset that guys like to throw their weight around because they're not getting what they want. A lot of times they are just extremely physically hormonal and I personally know that guys like to get back at people who do not give them what they want.

There is no reason for them to be reporting this because there is nothing really that inappropriate or wrong with leggings other then the fact that it drives guys crazy which is not our problem!
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

They're not wanting you for sex.
They don't want anything from you.

Why do you have to involve them, when they don't want anything from you.

Asides, you're not talking about across the nation, you're talking about you in your school, you just say that because you just want to argue against common and public decency.
yanagurl136

Pro

I have moved across the nation several times and each school I've been at has had this problem with guys getting upset. And actually, weird fact, when guys see a girl wearing skin tight clothing (such as leggings...) they get pretty wrapped up if you know what I mean. And so, yes, they do want sex from us...?!!?!?!?!

Otherwise... WHY WOULD THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT?

This is American, right? The land of opportunity and freedoms? So why are we restricting girls from wearing something as trivial as leggings just because guys said that they are "offended" and "distracted". It shouldn't happen. Ever. Anywhere. This ban is ridiculous and should be overturned. .
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

First, watch your conduct of words, some of your words are all in Capital letters.
Second, Simply being American has nothing to do with wearing leggings, freedom has nothing to do with wearing leggings, and it's called school law and public law, if you violate it, you would be arrested, you are saying that women shouldn't get arrested simply because these poor guys are offended or disgusted at your leggings, they should be, its called sexual harassment, if you show them your leggings or they just see it, they would report you for sexual harassment. You think that sexual harassment is a good thing.

Leggings are not skin-tight jeans, shorts, or normal jeans for women.
It is something that hookers wear, is this argument meant to prove that you don't know what leggings are?
I think so, I believe so because if it weren't , it would be an entirely different debate.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 2 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@Masterful
Can you vote for me in this debate?
Link: http://www.debate.org...
Posted by yanagurl136 2 months ago
yanagurl136
And, um, secondly, for the most part I don't jiggle my butt in ANYONE's face... that would be rude. Unless of course they wanted it but that's another topic. Leggings are already normal... guys just don't like them because of their physical reactions.
Posted by yanagurl136 2 months ago
yanagurl136
And seriously, what is wrong with "fat chicks" wearing leggings?
Posted by yanagurl136 2 months ago
yanagurl136
@BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 Literally read your comment about being a grown man and laughed out loud. You are eighteen. You are not a man. And even if you were, you sure don' t act like it. I notice that you're on purposely dodging the fact that you're being blatantly disrespectful and offensively personal.
Posted by yanagurl136 2 months ago
yanagurl136
Yes I did. I already told you. It's comfortable. Seriously.
Posted by Masterful 2 months ago
Masterful
Seems like Yana is just a crazy feminist.

Her logic is "I don't care if i'm distracting guys with my body. Control yourselves while I jiggle my buttocks in your face, perverts."

As a guy I wouldn't mind if all the girls turned up to work naked, but It's inappropriate to do that.

She makes a second argument "it's comfortable" You know what else is comfortable? Being naked. We don't show up to work naked and be like "Problem? It's comfy."

The reason guys are complaining is because if leggings are normalized, then fat chicks will begin wearing them. We can't have that can we?
Posted by Masterful 2 months ago
Masterful
Yana, How about you tell us why girls want to wear leggings in the first place? You didn't touch on that.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@yanagurl136 that is truly disrespectful, calling me "thirteen"
Who do you think is older than you?
Me, because I'm 18 and you're 15, see how that works

"Plus you are still missing the point for miles" that is a false figure of speech, you are the one that is missing everything including the point for not just for miles, but for millions of miles in my figure of speech.
I'm not saying you are a hooker, I'm saying those who wear leggings (some of them) are hookers, you assumed I insulted you as a "hooker"
It is accurate, but not to you because you are a crazy sexist hypocritical ninth reargument young teenage girl.
I'm a grown man.
Posted by yanagurl136 2 months ago
yanagurl136
P.S. Wearing tights does not make you a hooker and at this point, i'm seriously doubting that you even know what THAT is. Plus, you are still missing my point by miles. I asked you if you (assuming you are offended by women wearing leggings/cleavage-showing shirts) are offended about women wearing skinny jeans which are very similar to leggings except for the fact that they are made of denim.
Posted by yanagurl136 2 months ago
yanagurl136
I'm pretty sure I know what leggings are considering that I am wearing a pair right now! As for sexual harassment, you have no clue what that is. Seriously. If I had gotten accused of sexual harassment every time a guy had seen my cleavage or seen me wearing tight clothes, then I'd have 100+ counts of the thing! Obviously you don't know what it is, because you can't pinpoint what exactly I am doing. I have a cop friend so I'mma ask him if what you said is truly accurate. Geez, dude. How old are you? Thirteen?
Vote Placed by Masterful 2 months ago
Masterful
yanagurl136BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Don't know