Dr.Kran
Maliza

Should loud arguements remain legal?

Maliza
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Dr.Kran

Con

I want to sue people for making an argument near my apartment, or at least have them contained for disturbing the peace.

Don't you agree, that some people can get a little out of hand with their dispute between what's right and wrong, when they can always put all their anger out in a court of law.

Should people be allowed to shout and disturb my peace and quite, or should they be allowed to continue their all talk no action threats?

I've never heard of a 3 way court discussion before though, but I would gladly squeeze some cash out of them every time I report them for disturbing the peace.
My ears are worth the cash, so I believe, but what do you think?

Some may be OK with the clash between two neighbors, but should they last an hour or two, it should count as a 1250$ fine per hour and a 850$ fine per person that complains about it. (That money goes to the cops)

There's nothing we can do about it, but complain about it anyway.
Maliza

Pro

Yes they should remain legal. Arguments are called arguments for a reason, who argues quietly? Obviously when you're mad and arguing, things get out of hand and naturally you feel the urge to shout at the other person. I know it's annoying when people do it right next to you but it's not like arguments are pre-planned, they just happen. You can tell the group to calm down or take it somewhere else but giving them a fine is unfair.
Dr.Kran

Con

Dr.Kran forfeited this round.
Maliza

Pro

I'm guessing you realised that your argument wasn't so great haha. In all seriousness though, I understand why you would want to ban them as they can get loud and annoying, especially if it's late at night or they wake you up but making them illegal would be a bit too far. :)
Dr.Kran

Con

Dr.Kran forfeited this round.
Maliza

Pro

Maliza forfeited this round.
Posted by Maliza 1 year ago
Maliza
Haha, exactly, why would you fine them?
Posted by Kane3 1 year ago
Kane3
That's a little extreme, isn't it? I see that fining people for loud arguments would discourage them, but that would just end with people bottling up their feelings because they can't argue (and I don't think I've ever heard a "quiet" argument) which isn't healthy for them.
Posted by RUfockingstupidmate 1 year ago
RUfockingstupidmate
This is stupid
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
Dr.KranMaliza
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro has already fulfilled his part that arguments should stay and Con has more forfeit than Pro.