DocPenguin
qwzx

Should marijuana be allowed in the US if it is for medical reasons?

qwzx

DocPenguin

Con

Let's do this! You ready to be beaten lol.
qwzx

Pro

You go first and I will debunk your arguments. I will hope to win this debate against you.

;)
DocPenguin

Con

First of all marijuana is a very highly addictive drug that it is banned from most states in the US. If marijuana medical drugs were allowed most people would/might get addicted. If it were to be allowed in all states imagine all the overdoses on the medical drug there would be. My questions for you are:

1. How would pharmacists or any medical worker prevent overdoses of the drug?

2. How would they make no so addictive, if possible?
qwzx

Pro

Marijuana is indeed sometimes addictive.... however, no people have died from the drug and the drug can alleviate many illnesses and symptoms. Many legalized drugs do more damage than marijuana. Many people get high off of cough medicine and I don't see you ranting about the evils of that. Hairspray, spray paint, bleach, bath salts can all also make you high. I don't see you ranting about that. Just because it is addictive does not mean it is a bad idea. The idea for prescriptions was to stop an overdose. Almost every chemical used in a hospital is addictive. So should we shut down the hospitals?! NO!!! Addiction is when you over use the same product multiple times. Marijuana will be harder to get addicted to with little prescriptions.

Here are my questions

1. Should cough medicine be made illegal due to people's drug use of the product?

2. TV and videogames are very addictive to children and can damage eyesight and social ability. Should we ban that too?

3. Almost everything enjoyable can be addicting, should we just outlaw everything just because of it's CHANCE of being addicting?

4. Not all people get addicted to medical marijuana and compared with cocaine, math and heroine.... it is hard to get addicted.

5. Please research your facts because some of your information is wrong.
DocPenguin

Con

First of all if you are high on cough medicine it still doesn't lead to any mental or physical problems. If you were to get high on marijuana, then you would have develop some heart diseases and mental illnesses. You also asked since electronics are so addictive, then should be banned? The answer is no because most parents have restrictions for what kids are allowed to play on electronics, if the parents aren't doing their job then the are ruining their child's' future. Next, you said that most things fun can be addicting, yes they can but it doesn't necessarily lead to damage to the body or hurt you any emotional way. I agree that a lot of things can be addicting but it doesn't mean they have to be banned, some things can be good to be addicting to, like eating healthy. Here is my statement for you:

1. Look up your information some of it is incorrect.
qwzx

Pro

"You also asked since electronics are so addictive, then should be banned? The answer is no because most parents have restrictions for what kids are allowed to play on electronics, if the parents aren't doing their job then the are ruining their child's' future."

You say electronics will not harm the child because of the parent's restrictions. So why can't the government have the ability to put limits on medical marijuana use to stop overdose?
"If you were to get high on marijuana, then you would have develop some heart diseases and mental illnesses."

Again marijuana can only cause heart problems or any other damages if you overdose. The government puts restrictions on medical marijuana so, that will not be a problem.

"Next, you said that most things fun can be addicting, yes they can but it doesn't necessarily lead to damage to the body or hurt you any emotional way."

Here are some examples on the negative aspects of gaming and some fun activites.

Teenager Kills Mother, Commits Suicide Over Gaming Argument - The ...
www.escapistmagazine.com " ... " The News Room
The Escapist
Nov 16, 2010 - 35 posts - R06;32 authors
Teenager Kills Mother, Commits Suicide Over Gaming Argument

Teen Arrested For Killing Brother Over 'Flappy Bird' Game
huzlers.com " News
Teen Arrested For Killing Brother Over 'Flappy Bird' Game ...

Boy, 13, held on charges he killed cousin, 16, over Xbox ...
articles.chicagotribune.com/.../chi-police-boy-16-slain-o...
Chicago Tribune
Jan 6, 2014 - A 13-year-old boy who allegedly killed his sleeping 16-year-old cousin after an argument over a video game system was ordered held in ...

Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape ...
www.mirror.co.uk " News " World news " Crime
Daily Mirror
May 4, 2013 - A 13-year-old killed his own mother after a failed attempt to rape her in a row over a ban on the Call of Duty video game, a US court heard.

I assure you that my information is legit.
DocPenguin

Con

DocPenguin forfeited this round.
qwzx

Pro

My opponent has forfeited, so I win!!!!!

Please vote for Pro......
HA HA : Me getting ready to be beaten my @$$
Posted by DocPenguin 2 years ago
DocPenguin
I never forfeited I was on vacation. I didn't have time to respond!
Posted by lol.3 2 years ago
lol.3
hows it peeps
btw i forgot my other accounts password so im posting through a new one
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
DocPenguinqwzxTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 2 years ago
tajshar2k
DocPenguinqwzxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, and he makes statements that aren't backed up with evidence (" Look up your information some of it is incorrect.".). Pro used sources to back up his argument, and overall Pro did a better job.