Adrianette_Leon
fireclaw

Should marijuana be legalized?

Adrianette_Leon

Pro

Did you know that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco? Well it is true, and if those things are legalized, why can't marijuana be legalized? Alcohol has countless ways in which it could damage you physically and mentally, tobacco as well. Marijuana has no side affects, it even has a few health benefits. Its all on how you view thee drug.
Although the famous cannabis has almost no harmful side effects, some people don't think that marijuana is the safest drug. As a matter of fact, there are a few people that believe the drug is addictive and almost as harmful as tobacco. "3-4 Cannabis cigarettes a day are associated with the same evidence of acute and chronic bronchitis and the same degree of damage to the bronchial mucosa as 20 or more tobacco cigarettes a day," was stated in "Smoking Gun: The Impact of Cannabis Smoking on Respiratory Health," a publicly disseminated report. Now not everyone thinks that way, and when it comes to marijuana its all about what you believe in, and I believe its perfectly safe.
Almost 50% of Americans have tried marijuana at least once in their life and over 800,000 people get arrested for marijuana each year. There are more serious crimes, like robbery and murder, that the police should pay more attention to. The cannabis is a natural plant, and has quite a few benefits. For example; A marijuana-derived compound forces cancer cells to freeze and prevents them from spreading. It can also relieve certain types of pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms caused by such illnesses as multiple sclerosis, cancer and AIDS, or by the harsh drugs sometimes used to treat them. Another benefit from cannabis is that patients receiving cannabinoids (smoked marijuana and marijuana pills) had improved immune function compared with those receiving placebo (a harmless pill, medicine, or procedure prescribed more for the psychological benefit to the patient than for any physiological effect).
Other than the benefits, smoking marijuana is just a way to escape. Its been around for a very ling time. George Washington, our former president, grew cannabis himself. If you were to be con towards marijuana, then you should be aware that my generation is very aware of what marijuana is and how to use it. And I personally don't see the drug leaving teenagers hands any time soon. A lot of teenagers and young adults just want to fit in and one way they think they will is buy smoking marijuana. Smoking that drug, to me, is way better then trying to pick up a cigarette. Cigarettes are nothing but cancer on a stick, they are so horrible that they don't even advertise them on commercials anymore, and even have a warning label. Marijuana is a safer drug for almost everything.
There are almost no bad things about marijuana unless you believe it is a bad drug. It is all about opinion, your might be completely opposite from mine but I am set on legalizing weed one day. There are worse things going on in this world, the air we breath in everyday may even be more dangerous.
fireclaw

Con

the other person is saying that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco that is true but it should not be legalized because
1 if we legalized it then the citizens will keep on smoking
2 it will fail miserably
3 a drug is a drug and a crime is a crime

my first argument is if we legalized it then the citizens will keep on smoking well lets think about that there is a nine percent chance that you will get addicted but if everyone knew that marijuana is legal then everyone will go to the stores and buy it and smoke away but ladies and gentle men it is completely absurd to say that we should legalize marijuana just because it is more healthier than tobacco and school that leads to my second argument it will fail miserably do you know why alcohol and tobacco is legalized because it failed miserably when they tried to illegalized it but the opposing side will say that there is a chance that there is not a big percentage of addiction but what will happen if we kept on smoking we will become addicted and keep smoking we should not do that and majority of the humans don't use their conscience right
my 3rd argument is a drug is a drug and a crime is a crime my opponent said that 800,000 people get arrested for marijuana but what is marijuana a drug and the police are trying to help not to ruin your life so there fore they are arresting you for your own good

if you agree with me then vote for con
Adrianette_Leon

Pro

Adrianette_Leon forfeited this round.
fireclaw

Con

fireclaw forfeited this round.
Adrianette_Leon

Pro

Adrianette_Leon forfeited this round.
fireclaw

Con

fireclaw forfeited this round.
Posted by Nckoebel 2 years ago
Nckoebel
Stating that there is documented proof in a medical journal showing that smoking 3-4 joints a day is equivalent to a pack of cigarettes does not make it an "opinion"...it's a fact. Weed is a depressant and can make a person have depression. It's not filtered smoke, people take longer drags, inhale it deeper into their lungs, and hold it inside longer allowing for more potential for harm. The temperature of the smoke is hazardous to the throat and lungs. There seems to be
Posted by IReason 2 years ago
IReason
It's a gateway drug and it promotes ideals about "drugs" being socially acceptable.

Don't get me wrong... modern medicine has a purpose so these kinds of drugs are fine, but weed is bad for culture and the younger generation. Most children should be reading and writing!
Not smoking out of a bong and wasting money on these pointless stimulates.
Posted by dmussi12 2 years ago
dmussi12
So are you for medical or recreational legalization? You seem to switch arguments back and forth a few times, and as they are very different, don't really belong in the same debate. I mean , allowing people to smoke weed as an escape is different from it being used as to fight cancer. I'm guessing recreational?
Posted by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
"...It is all about opinion, your might be completely opposite from mine but I am set on legalizing weed one day. "

And I thought for a second that you wanted a debate, haha.