King_Natethoo
KBShop

Should marijuana me a medical option

King_Natethoo

Con

If marijuana really helps for serious illness the way people claim it does then get it FDA approved and have doctors use it on serious patients. however its not that easy right, marijuana has beneficial aspect that tend to have help patients feel relief from their pain but it also has very different side affect that most people today have used it for. if this can really help sick people then yes we should extract the THC and any other things that help and compact them into a pill like substance just like any other medicine today. so if you really want marijuana for your sickness I think you should agree that you don't need to smoke anything or in fact that this shouldn't be an easy substance to obtain. but as far as anyone being able to get their hands on this to freely walk around smoking and becoming high should remain illegal.
KBShop

Pro

I will take this argument

There are very positive applications to Marijuana. 1 Such case is that people who suffer from tremors can use it to alleviate the issues. This ranges from people who suffer from Epilepsy to some cases of paralysis (my cousin uses this when he gets tremors). There are other valid uses such as helping cancer patients deal with chemotherapy and so on. So there ARE valid uses for Marijuana.

I don't quite agree with the assessment that if you want it to be used as a medical option, it should be harder to get. It doesn't actually cause very many definitive problems. Alcohol and cigarettes definitely do such things, and those things have very definitive health problems. I don't think that it's very fair to say that Marijuana is exactly dangerous to the point that it should be illegal or even difficult to get.

If you want to make the argument about whether marijuana should be allowed to be smoked in public, I can't disagree with you. Alcohol isn't something that people can drink in public and I don't feel as though Marijuana should be something that can be smoked in public
King_Natethoo

Con

You're right I'm sure there are advantages in marijuana, if that is the case why should weed be legalized why shouldn't we just have doctors and or scientists extract the proactive compounds in the marijuana and compact them into a pill like substance giving both your cousin and cancer patients relief from their pain? all in all marijuana is a cure for absolutely nothing but pain, and if that is what you are looking for head over to almost any store nation wide and buy yourself some Tylenol, and if you need something stronger I'm sure your doctor can get that for you with no problem. but I too have an uncle who suffered from cancer for a bit and was given marijuana and he claimed "all it did was numb the pain, sure it felt great but I could have used any other medicines for pain without worrying about getting addicted because in the end I had to go to rehab, I had admitted to becoming addicted and it was not entirely worth it being that it cured nothing"
KBShop

Pro

According to some sites, it is not JUST for pain repression and muscle relaxation.

http://www.collective-evolution.com...

states that it's pretty good at curing cancers.

http://www.teenink.com...

states that it's pretty good at depression as well.

http://www.trueactivist.com...

Also states many things that it's good at helping against, such as ADD/ADHD (no surprise), preventing alzheimers, and again, seizures.

Marijuana does more than just pain, and the munchies is very good for people going through chemo as one major problem is that they get too sick to eat.

As for your uncle, Marijuana is actually not very addictive.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org...

It's actually less addictive than caffeine, which pails in comparison to some of the other drugs. It would likely take him close to a decade to have any sort of dependency issues.

The better question now is why you feel that Weed shouldn't even be available? What side affects would realistically warrant it's controlled use over things like booze, cigs, and so on?
King_Natethoo

Con

King_Natethoo forfeited this round.
KBShop

Pro

Opponent has forfeited this round
King_Natethoo

Con

King_Natethoo forfeited this round.
KBShop

Pro

KBShop forfeited this round.
King_Natethoo

Con

King_Natethoo forfeited this round.
KBShop

Pro

KBShop forfeited this round.
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
Well, if you insist that I missed your point without asserting why, then I see no reason to believe you.
Posted by King_Natethoo 3 years ago
King_Natethoo
like you have done numerous times already, you missed the point . but thank you for the debate
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
First off, I am not always offended. In-fact, it takes much more than most people to offend me, but when somebody attacks my intellect on baseless ground, I get a bit annoyed.

" everyone for marijuana states how much of a healing impact this plant can have therefore it should be legal yet when they hear other options that disregard actually smoking this plant they begin to state that if its illegal then it shouldn't be used period"

I have never heard that argument used. Nor is that like what I stated.

Also, you don't need to be a doctor or a scientist to prepare it correctly, as anyone with a decent knowledge of the cannabis plant should understand how to prepare the plant for its various uses. The only reason to have a doctor is to prescribe the specific amount if the medicinal use of marijuana is the only option.
Posted by King_Natethoo 3 years ago
King_Natethoo
seems like you have a slight insecurity problem if you are always offended while debating. this a debate not a personal verbal fight, all I want is to obtain a strong argument for my ten page report for my final
back on topic,
"Allow certain personnel to use (what I assume to be) marijuana and then "properly dispose of the plant", which probably would mean (ironically enough) incinerating it."
yes indeed, make it legal for professionals, people who get paid thousands off dollars a month to operate with the plant to obtain the essentials needed for one to create a medicine, because after all that is what the people want right?, everyone for marijuana states how much of a healing impact this plant can have therefore it should be legal yet when they hear other options that disregard actually smoking this plant they begin to state that if its illegal then it shouldn't be used period, kind of what you stated. medically marijuana can be of good use if monitored and prepared correctly but for that to happen some one has to be able to create it, hence the doctors and scientists. this does not give them the right to smoke the plant as they please or to even carry it around but they will be allowed to have access to it in their lab. and that's what I am trying to get across to you.
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
A third person that asserts that I don't understand something without explaining why. This insulting is getting on my nerves.

Okay, since I might as well defend my intellect...

"true the plant would be needed therefore I think it should be given to government monitored scientist/doctors so that they can perform this task then properly dispose of the plant."

Allow certain personnel to use (what I assume to be) marijuana and then "properly dispose of the plant", which probably would mean (ironically enough) incinerating it.

"making weed illegal to the public but at the same time giving these scientists the tools needed to create the pill. similar to how normal medicine is created today."

Asserting that making the plant source illegal, but not the sought-after substance is similar to how "normal medicine" is created today.

"if you are caught with the compounds to create codeine in your house you would be arrested but codeine is still legal for scientist to create the right dosage for patients."

Asserting that if a person is found possessing the ingredients to make a certain drug, they would get arrested, but certain personnel are allowed to possess it.

Okay, so we have a comparison between a plant source and its sought-after substance, and a bunch of (natural or synthetic) sources and what they combine into. Those are two different situations.
Posted by King_Natethoo 3 years ago
King_Natethoo
you really missed this point and I'm not sure if you comprehend this fully, take another look at it .
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
Your analogy doesn't follow.

How is making the plant a substance comes from illegal, and the substance itself legal comparable to how certain people are allowed to make a substance, but others aren't?
Posted by King_Natethoo 3 years ago
King_Natethoo
true the plant would be needed therefore I think it should be given to government monitored scientist/doctors so that they can perform this task then properly dispose of the plant. making weed illegal to the public but at the same time giving these scientists the tools needed to create the pill. similar to how normal medicine is created today. if you are caught with the compounds to create codeine in your house you would be arrested but codeine is still legal for scientist to create the right dosage for patients.
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
Right, so if the plant is illegal, than that means that extracting THC from it must therefore be illegal, since you can't extract the THC without possessing the plant.
Posted by King_Natethoo 3 years ago
King_Natethoo
you missed my point, people who design medicine have found a way to extract the THC and successfully transmit it into a pill like substance. Im not saying any average person can do this that's obviously not possible. so yes the plant can remain illegal while the THC extracts are legal when prescribed