BmanPoprockz
TheBenC

Should men get larger sentences for sexual assault?

BmanPoprockz has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

BmanPoprockz

Con

Giving bigger punishments to men is crazy. It creates sexism, stereotypes and misconceptions for men. Judging for these is bad enough.

It also doesn't make sense gender wise. Would it be decided on biological gender or gender identity?

Also, it creates the image of "women's sexual assaults are more justified". ALL SEXUAL ASSAULTS ARE HORRIBLE. The only way that you could tell if one or the other was worse would be by looking at what happened.

For context I am agender and asexual.
TheBenC

Pro

I hate how people want to pretend there is no difference between males and females! That is the heart of this debate.

1. Ask schoolboys if they would like to have sex with a pretty teacher and many will say yes. Most schoolgirls would say the opposite.

2. A teen boy is able to physically defend himself from an unwanted "assault" by an older female.

3. What do you mean by "sexual assault"? Did some giant of a woman find a weakling of a man and force a pole up his butt? What do you really mean? It is clear to everyone that mean can overpower women (in general) so "sexual assault" is almost never going to happen to a man.
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
ConserativeDemocrat,
You said both physical assault and sexual assault. Which is it? The sources you linked show no such numbers. The CDC study is about physical violence, not sexual violence. Your stats are false. If you do find the proper stats, please include the sex of the perpetrator too.
Posted by ConserativeDemocrat 1 year ago
ConserativeDemocrat
TheBenC, that is absolute trash. Men make up 38 percent of sexual assault victims, and over 1/2 of domestic violence victims. Just because it seems different, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

"1. Ask schoolboys if they would like to have sex with a pretty teacher and many will say yes. Most schoolgirls would say the opposite."
How do you know that? And how does that change anything?

"2. A teen boy is able to physically defend himself from an unwanted "assault" by an older female."
Why is assault in quotation marks? Do you think it is impossible for men to be assaulted by girls? I weigh 95 pounds. I'm not weak, but there are many bigger girls who could beat me. Not all guys are ripped, and not all girls are small.

"3. What do you mean by "sexual assault"? Did some giant of a woman find a weakling of a man and force a pole up his butt? What do you really mean? It is clear to everyone that mean can overpower women (in general) so "sexual assault" is almost never going to happen to a man."
As I pointed out, 38% of assault victims are men, and over 50% of domestic violence victims are men.

All your points gone.

Links:
http://www.slate.com...

http://www.saveservices.org...
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
Agender means you are psychologically underdeveloped...
Posted by BmanPoprockz 1 year ago
BmanPoprockz
I sexually identify as a helicopter.
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
My gender is grape soda
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Wishing to operate outside the binary system on terms of that identification.
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
You're agender?