somerandomguy98
jxc2000

Should middle and high schoolers have homework?

somerandomguy98

Con

I think we shouldn't have homework because us kids need to spend time with our families because we could learn more about them and we also need some time to ourselves and not spend 3-4 hours doing work.
jxc2000

Pro

Homework isn't the most fun thing in the world, but it is necessary according to https://today.duke.edu...,
77% of studies prove that homework, in most cases improve academic achievement. Things like math especially, require constant repetition and practice in order for one to be able to be in a state of mastery for these skills. Homework teaches time management, and by having fun things as rewards AFTER doing homework, students learn how to manage their time in order to achieve their tasks much faster in adulthood. Doing homework also makes people focus their time on more on productive goals instead of focusing them on things like video games, social media, their teenage urges to find love early in life. Homework has worked in previous times, and it will continue to enrich the human mind to the ways of the world.
somerandomguy98

Con

somerandomguy98 forfeited this round.
jxc2000

Pro

There is much toil to be dealt with in homework. I myself am not a fan of homework in particular, and do wish that it did not exist. However, it is a necessary part of our learning process and we need it
somerandomguy98

Con

somerandomguy98 forfeited this round.
jxc2000

Pro

jxc2000 forfeited this round.
Posted by BackCommander 11 months ago
BackCommander
This debate has been over for awhile but I've decided to comment regardless. You're in middle school and are complaining about not having time, unaware of the fact that most likely your adulthood will be exactly as your life if now. Homework has a purpose, it keeps you working and thinking. As an adult you'll realize that even your "free time" isn't really free time, its just time where you aren't at the place that pays you to work. Your future will most likely be a long list of events that are "a waste of life" but you'll have to do them regardless. If you believe you don't need to do homework, simply don't.
Posted by thewinner101 1 year ago
thewinner101
I don't think that we should because homework is a waste of life. You could be out in the world spending time with your families. I'm in middle school and I have tutoring so I don't get home until like 6:30