Millsal974
KingofTheSkullServants

Should middle schoolers have jobs?

KingofTheSkullServants has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 4 days ago Status: Debating Period

Millsal974

Pro

Middle schooler should have jobs because it would teach them about responsibility,respect and time management.
KingofTheSkullServants

Con

I say kids in middle school shouldn't have jobs. If you're referring to jobs like working at McDonald's or something, then no. If its in school, then maybe. However, the usual age for someone applying for a job, if I'm right, is 15-16. Most kids in middle school around 10-13, average. Regardless, this could have an issue with safety issues, mainly for the kids. What would happen if a parent gets a call saying their child is in the hospital because the were hurt on the job.
Millsal974

Pro

if it is one of the fast food jobs then of course no. But for the good jobs like volunteering at a fire department or a vetranarian office, then that would be a whole hearted yes. That woul teach many life skills at an early age. And it would teach other valuable lessons as well.
KingofTheSkullServants

Con

Okay, I will agree that it would teach kids life lessons, the key word in your argument is "volunteer." The difference between a job and volunteering is that you don't get paid in one and the other you do. If that's the case, then why not have someone come and talk to these kids in middle school.
Millsal974

Pro

People do come and talk about jobs for middle school but from what I have seen they don't care or are to busy talking to there friends to even pay attention so the jobs I meant were like mowing lawns for like 5$ or baby sitting. Neve in a dangerous work place. And from personal experience in middle school, I've seen them not care and some even back talk a teacher over some stupid reason like pick up garbage or help this student out. So I think middle schoolers should have jobs like mowing lawns,babysitting,or raking leaves.
Posted by Millsal974 3 days ago
Millsal974
By the way I am doing this for a class project so no hard feelings guys!
Posted by Millsal974 4 days ago
Millsal974
Ok thank you and please make sure to vote your opinion after the debate.
Posted by Tom-The-Hypocrit 4 days ago
Tom-The-Hypocrit
It would work for volunteer work (that would atcually be a great program). But never for paid jobs because middle schoolers aren't mature enough and more importantly, employeers just dont trust them enough. Businesses intend to make money and don't consider themselves education tools.
You (pro) probably could've stated what you meant by "job".