Nurbek2602
voteandsay

Should military service be compulsory for all?

Nurbek2602

Con

I think that military service should be compulsory, but only for people with no problems with health. Because people with health problems would not do same physical exercises as healthy people. For me healthy people are them who have ideal weight with their height, people with good immune system and normal blood pressure. I think only healthy people should serve in army. With such people our country would become stronger. I think that army is a good thing, because it makes people's body and soul stronger. One unshakable regime brings up real men, I think.
voteandsay

Pro

Military Service should not be compulsory for all, because this could wipe out a massive amount of people. I hope I can convince you to stop thinking that it shouldn't be compulsory for everyone.
Nurbek2602

Con

Nurbek2602 forfeited this round.
voteandsay

Pro

voteandsay forfeited this round.
Nurbek2602

Con

Nurbek2602 forfeited this round.
voteandsay

Pro

voteandsay forfeited this round.
Posted by voteandsay 3 years ago
voteandsay
Sorry, I thought I was on the Con side when I posted this, so I ruined this debate. :(
Posted by falcoriscrying 3 years ago
falcoriscrying
We already have the largest military in the world by far and it cost a ton of money. Where do you propose this money should come from? And what benefit will it add? We do not have compulsory military service and up until WW2 we really didn't have a huge standing military like we do now.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
I just want to say to those about to debate that military service, wether voluntary or compulsory, does not necessarily mean certain death and marching out in the front lines like cannon fodder. 90% of military personnel in all branches serve in non-combat MOS's. So voteandsay's fear that it would wipe out a large amount of the population is compete hogwash and far from true.
Posted by aristo 3 years ago
aristo
military service should be a copulsery only in places that need such a thing because its necessery.
for example israel which is facing danger everyday from hostile forces.
what you said about weak and strong peaple isnt logical because you cant do such a discrimination in a democratic country and if your goal is strong army then ther are many post in the army which do not include physical excercise, and if your goal is to make peaple healthy, then martial arts or even some excercise could do the trick.
Posted by Marlonvandijk 3 years ago
Marlonvandijk
Your topic is Should military service be compulsory? and your answer is con but in the 1st round you give a pro argument. Do you believe it should be pro or con?