Sui-cider
AlexanderOc

Should milk cost less?

AlexanderOc
Started: 7/22/2014 Category: Funny

Sui-cider

Pro

Today when I stumbled to my refrigerator I nearly wept to the sight of milk's absence. To make things worse, I was too lazy to drive to the store to buy some. But this can be changed by lowering the milk price by cutting it in half. Cut cost= More milk. Plus the companies who produce milk will get more money, as twice of the population will buy more milk. It's just easier for milk to be enjoyed carelessly as wasting milk would be fine as there is more.
Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Objection and supporting thoughts
Round 3: Continued
Round 4: Conclusion
AlexanderOc

Con

I. Acceptance

I accept Sui-Cider's debate.

It appears my opponent is brand new to this site. I welcome him to DDO and wish him luck in all his future debates.
Hopefully he gains some insight on how things operate through our debate.

II. Setup
I will be refuting any arguments provided that support the resolution "Milk should cost less."
Seeing as my did not define any terms listed in the resolution, I will take the responsiblity of doing so.

Milk: The opaque, white fluid produced by mammals used by humans for consumption.

This is the definition I assume my opponent is using as it is the most common one.

With that, I pass the debate to Pro to begin his opening arguments.
Sui-cider

Pro

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 3: Continued
Round 4: Conclusion
AlexanderOc

Con

I. Acceptance

I accept Sui-Cider's debate.

II. Setup

Sui-cider

Pro

My point is that milk is expensive (for me at least) and it is amazing. If you make amazing cost less it make more people happy, resulting in more money for milk. And more money will lead to your happiness as milk is expendable.
AlexanderOc

Con

I. Cross-Examination

My opponent didn't offer much in the way of proof, nor sources. However, I'll go ahead and refute what he did provide.

1. "My point is that milk is expensive (for me at least) and it is amazing."
This statement is both subjective and bias. Both adjectives provided are not supported with any sort of evidence and therefore can be disregarded without evidence.

2. "If you make amazing cost less it make more people happy, resulting in more money for milk."
How do we know it will? No evidence for why reducing something cost less will make people happy, much less how that happiness will result in milk acheiving money. Slippery slope fallacy to put it simply.

3. "
And more money will lead to your happiness as milk is expendable."
Once again Pro makes an assumption without supporting it in the slightest. Why does money lead me to haappiness and how is milk being expendable relevant?

II. Construct.

Milk companies price milk for what they think is reasonable in this supply/demand market. Lowering the prices of milk would mean that, for each sale, milk companies will earn less. That is basic math yes?
My opponent might say to this "Well, milk being cheaper will result in more milk sales." Maybe, but the fact remains that the milk companies are making less money on each sale. If farmers had an infinite storage of milk, my opponent's argument would make sense. But it's likely that they will sell the same amount of milk, just over a smaller period of time.

III. Closing remarks
Pro still has yet to satisfy his Burden of Proof with any solid evidence to support why milk should cost less. The reasons he did provide were lacking any objective reason and assumed one thing will lead to another without drawing a line between the two.
Sui-cider

Pro

Sui-cider forfeited this round.
AlexanderOc

Con

Are my arguments just that good or are people just really lazy?
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
GO MILK!!! who loves it other than me?
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
If that is the case then round 2 shall be considered void then correct?
Double posting is a common error in this website. It happens to everyone at least once.
Posted by Sui-cider 2 years ago
Sui-cider
Oops, it has occured I double posted. Sorry.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
I will only put as much effort into this as my opponent.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
Sui-ciderAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and better arguments
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Sui-ciderAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't fulfill BOP, Con refuted arguments.