Should money go towards getting back to being first in space exploration or work on other problems

polyrules has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

We should put more money in funds for space exploration, we could get back out into space and find a lot of new things.

First I have a few questions to clarify. Who is we ? Second, are when you say money, are you talking about tax payer's dollars?
If we are talking about tax payer's dollar, I do not think we should put more money into space exploration. I argue that the United States is already trillion dollars in debt, and do not have the resources to support the funding. Instead, I believe we should be finding areas to reduce spending, not adding more.

When I say money yes I mean tax payers money. Yes we are 13 trillion dollars in debt but that doesn't stop our government for using our tax money on other pointless stuff. And another thing space exploration was really the only thing we as Americans had to be proud of. Other then space exploration we have beer and NASCAR, an army who jumps into places they don't need to be and a obesity problem. And also not a lot of the tax dollars would have to go to that, there are 2,418,352 jails in the United States not count the prisons and most of our taxes go to them and the schools but for an unknown reason the prisons and jails are higher priorities. Well why don't we cut down on our taxes going into the jails and prisons and put like 1/8 of our tax money into space exploration?

I do agree that the United States has a spending problem in many areas, including some that you listed. However, just because we already spend all of that money does not mean we should further head down that path of pointless spending.
Let me ask this, would you be willing to agree that space exploration doesn't need to be funded by tax payers money, if it could be sustainable being privately funded? And as for cutting taxes in other areas and placing them into space exploration, I believe that it is still spending too much money just placing it under a different name. I would say at this time it needs to be prioritized towards other important things, such as saving our own planet and finding solutions to fight global warming. Space will still be there in a couple of years but at the rate that global warming is taking effect, it is unknown what the condition of earth will be in the future. I am not against the idea of space exploration being funded by tax payers in the future; however, at this point and time due to the United States economic position I do not think it should be funded.
I will admit that I am not an expert at what space exploration includes. Do you mind explaining some of the benefits that space exploration could provide for us besides just the ability to be proud of it? I disagree that it is the only thing the United States has to be proud of, but I do not want to drive the argument off topic.
Posted by toocoolblue 2 weeks ago
Here is a link describing a drug that can "Shrink All Tumors"
To quote -
A single drug can shrink or cure human breast, ovary, colon, bladder, brain, liver, and prostate tumors
And this was developed by Stanford School of Medicine so you know it's real...
But there's one problem, when this article was published, they had only received a $20 million dollar grant to develop this drug.

Here is a link to a drug that could literally reverse the aging process.
Once again, we are funding research that could benefit every human on earth with a few pennies.

Here is a link to a 2.5 billion dollar toy car that does nothing for anyone.

What the hell is wrong with this picture?
Posted by tytheguy 2 weeks ago
The government may owe China a lot of money but we are all in an economic lock at this point. The trillions of dollars can be found spread out over the fraudulent corporate loopholes and 'offshore' bank accounts that are disguised as businesses. Apple, Microsoft, Trump, and virtually every big business doesn't pay taxes.

Government officials, famous soccer players, actors, and musicians have been caught stashing large sums of money offshore. It's not about how much money we have, rather, the amount of money in flow at the time. THAT is what drives the economy. It is really not as difficult as everyone makes it seem.