tennis47
RationalMadman

Should mother's always get primary custody after a divorce?

RationalMadman

tennis47

Con

This round is for accepting! :)
RationalMadman

Pro

Despite the fact that I disagree with this I can think of reason's why.
tennis47

Con

In my opinion, it shouldn't always be mother's who get primary custody after a divorce. It should depend on which parent their child is closer to. Also, what happens if their mother is abusive or neglectful? Then the child will be upset in that situation.

I cheerfully await your response. :)
RationalMadman

Pro

It is a VERY well known fact that women are more compassionate than men brought up in the same manner in, say, 9 times out of 10. However it is important to realise this: If men are already offset to be less compassionate what kind of husband would be with an abusive woman? THE image of a victimized man overpowered by a monstrous female is possibly horrifying because it is so abnormal and additionally if such a situation is experienced wouldn't it make sense to just remove the child altogether and send them to foster care or something of that sort? A mother is usually always more caring since she had to deal with 9 months of pain and agony up to one instant of releasing her beautifully ugly creation of slime covered crying pooping cuteness into this world. She then used her own body to breast feed it and nurtured it far into its childhood with the father being the supplier of resources the mother would need to do so. Yes, I am sexist but generally speaking father's are less close to children almost always. IF this is isn't the case then I think the fact that such a stage was reached with an abusive woman (who probably has drunk while being pregnant with the baby, thus leading to huge issues) we should give custody to neither or at least share it. Look, I'm not sure this is a very defendable position but it is a fact that men are the thinkers of the world while women are the carers.
tennis47

Con

It depends on which parent the child is closer to.

Also, you are VERY sexist! :(
RationalMadman

Pro

IF the child is closer to the father then what? Should the mother not get primary?
tennis47

Con

It depends on their kid, dude. Remember that!

:)
RationalMadman

Pro

You have not really met your share of BOP at all.
Posted by bellarina 4 years ago
bellarina
and my mom is not the carer. My dad is.
Posted by bellarina 4 years ago
bellarina
Mothers should not get the kids. My mother should not get to see me at all. What if the mom marries another man and he is abusive? And also has kids that are abusive? Because that happened to me. My dad is waaaaay more caring than my mom. I am going with the con for this debate because of personal experience.
Posted by AustinLam 4 years ago
AustinLam
It depends on the mother. One mother might be an angel, another might be a drug addict.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
tennis47RationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: What Pro said in the last round.
Vote Placed by iamnotwhoiam 4 years ago
iamnotwhoiam
tennis47RationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: If only Con had made an argument he could have won. Despite not being convinced by Pro's unsourced argument (and knowing from experience that his assertion that the mother is closest to the child isn't always true), at least he made one.