spraven
tomivanj

Should offensive language be banned

spraven

Con

Should offensive language be banned. Lets talk about this

RULES:
1. For the love of god, Don't quit out
2. Please give sources
3. No troll
tomivanj

Pro

Yes, Firstly I define offensive language to be language used with the purpose of hurting another. This means that rude words are acceptable as long as there is no intention of offending someone else.
I do believe that everyone should be able to express their opinion even if it offends some but using offensive language is unnecessary and just rude.
spraven

Con

" This means that rude words are acceptable as long as there is no intention of offending someone else." But who say's something offends me or not, Because offending someone is just that. No right to out ban "offensive language".
EX: I dislike Hillary - Ben
YOU ARE A SEXIST, TRIGGERED - Random Feminist
See, The feminist finds it offensive, So Ben should be out right be punished. This is called tyranny : cruel and oppressive government or rule.

" I do believe that everyone should be able to express their opinion even if it offends some but using offensive language is unnecessary and just rude. " But you are not my wife, Or my kid. I do not care how you feel. As long I am not making threats that put people in harm or the country. MAN UP FOR EVERYONE.

Basic - No one can say something Is offensive or not, with out 100% reason that the person is at harm or puts the country at harms too.
tomivanj

Pro

I believe you have misunderstood the definition I proposed. Under my definition you can say things that are offensive but you shouldn't be allowed to use words that in themselves are offensive. This does allow for someone to say that Hillary is bad, but doesn"t allow for someone to swear at Hillary in the face.

In response to your man up argument, in most countries, for obvious reasons it is illegal to approach someone in the street and start throwing punches. Why, because this inflicts harms on the person. The same can be said for offensive language. Anyway there are much better ways of expressing your opinion than using swear words, totally unrelated to anything, the only purpose to offend someone else.
spraven

Con

" This does allow for someone to say that Hillary is bad, but doesn"t allow for someone to swear at Hillary in the face. " - But swearing is not a crime, Unless I am putting someone at harm such as " Hillary I am going to murder you and your family. " 100% someone should be charged. But that is still not what offensive is, and Saying " F*** you Hillary. " Does not give any right for them to be punished for offensiveness nor saying " Hillary go back in the kitchen. "

" In response to your man up argument, in most countries, for obvious reasons it is illegal to approach someone in the street and start throwing punches. Why, because this inflicts harms on the person. The same can be said for offensive language. " - But punching someone can harm them, saying something that might hurt your "feelings" does not mean that they should be punished. You are countering your self.

" Anyway there are much better ways of expressing your opinion than using swear words, totally unrelated to anything, the only purpose to offend someone else. " - Like I said this before, who can say something is offensive or not because saying something that is against your option is found offensive. Because if unless you are my wife or kid, I do not care about how you feel.

http://dailysignal.com...
http://www.dailywire.com...
tomivanj

Pro

You have claimed that there is no way of determining what offensive language is. You stated,
"who can say something is offensive or not because saying something that is against your option is found offensive."
Again you have misunderstood my definition. Offensive language is the use of words that in themselves are offensive. This eliminates any subjectivity from offensive language, and as you have accepted my definition this point is invalid.

"unless you are my wife or kid, I do not care about how you feel." Realistically it isn"t your problem to care about how strangers feel, but If you were given an opportunity to make everybody feel better wouldn"t you take it.

To conclude, you have provided no concrete evidence supporting the allowance of offensive language. Offensive language serves no purpose in society, and can only be used as a weapon against others. Additionally, offensive language adds nothing to communication and that being the case, offensive language should be banned.