6jaz
TheDerpDebater

Should parents force religion onto children?

6jaz

Con

I believe that parents should not pass down religion to our children because we are not allowing the child any freedom or choice by doing so. Young children's minds are so easily moldable that they will believe whatever you tell them and will continue following that same religion there whole lives and will never question it later on in life since they are so accustomed to it and to believing that their religion is right. Never having the chance to consider other religions since once you are a specific religion it is very important not to be open to others or else you will end up in hell or something like that. They will continue on living their lives with conditioned minds. Poor kids don't know any better.
TheDerpDebater

Pro

I think parents should force parents into a certain religion because it could be a case that it is a family tradition for example: My friend's family tradition is that all of there children will believe in Jesus Christ. Theres not wrong with that religion if children are put into a certain religion they might not be in any religion like my other friend which made him rebellious against going to church or praying.
6jaz

Con

It is okay to have family traditions and it is really nice, but the problem is that if this child is forced onto a religion such as Catholicism then he or she will continue on living with Catholic mindsets and restrictions not allowing him or her to live freely. I think your idea of a religion is just like going to church and praying and all that, but I think religion is a completely different thing. It's like mental programming or even mental slavery because people will act and live life all based around religious ideas. Like this person might only argue against Gay rights only because he or she is catholic not because it is what he or she truly believes, but only because it is what is taught in the bible so he or she believes that this is what he or she truly believes in. Since this person is told that if he or she will go to hell if they don't believe in God then he or she most likely never be open other religions. Religion and Family Traditions are two very different things. A quinceanera is a family tradition. This does not really effect the rest of a person's life, but religion does. Religion sets boundaries and tells people what they should follow. The person will live his or her life as a puppet the rest of their life. All being controlled by priests, pastors, and a book that we really don't know who wrote. The Bible's words are very twisted anyways. So what I'm saying is since this person's mind has been molded ever since he or she was a young child then he or she will never be given freedom to decide what he or she really wants. His or her mind will already be filled with religious rules and standards on how to live life.
TheDerpDebater

Pro

Its nice about how you use the Gay rights as a example but anyways let me get to the point.

They should be forced onto so they can experience it but like you stated they have their freedom so if they don't like it they can always say something. But children should learn may different religions have different features to it. Children could be forced on because it causes a influence on them and can give a positive impact on their lives like me.
6jaz

Con

Your saying that religion should be forced onto so they can experience and if they don't like it then they can say something, but it's not like that. Religion is not an experience first of all and If a parent teaches a child all about Christianity then the parent will also teach that if you don't believe in God then you will go to Hell. So really there is no freedom for this child because he or she doesn't know any better. A child who has been molded into Christian beliefs will never say that he or she does not like it because if he or she is Christian in the first place then he or she will believe that this is all there is and it is whats right. They have been taught since day one that God is good and he is our savior and all this so he or she will continue believing it just like he or she has been taught that 1+1=2. If all he or she is taught is that god is good and great then why would he or she think "Okay maybe this is wrong?" or "I don't like this" ?
TheDerpDebater

Pro

I stunned I have nothing to say anymore
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Children don't have freedom in their beliefs. They believe what anyone tells them. They don't have the complex thought-making process to determine their life's philosophy. And honestly, it's best to just let the family keep the same values. If the family has split values, then that harms the integrity of the family itself, and split families lead to bad things. Kids can make their own decisions when they grow up, but until then, it's more beneficial to just let parents teach their kids the family belief system.