JPR2473
Braxton

Should parents put a time limit on my devices?

JPR2473

Con

Hi! My name is JP and this is my first time on debate.org

Today, I went to the hospital for physical check up. Everything was fine and all. I was doing well in my check up. The only problem is that my mom said that I was on the computer over 2 hours and that I should be limited up to 2 hours on any electronic device (which I hate). I hated this and I want my mom to not place this limit in my household. Now, let me tell you more in detail about my situation.

First of all, I'm a tech geek. I do coding and also a part-time app developer and DJ. I'm a tech geek, and I should be able to use the computer when I want for as long as I want. I usually go on the computer surfing the net for more ideas and also for my entertainment. While my mom on the other hand, thinks I'm a freak and that I should be out more. I mean come on, I play basketball and tennis. What else does she want?!

Second of all, my mom is a nurse and always keeps on talking about obesity, what foods have high salt content, and about being kidnapped. Now I know that she is doing it for my own good but I think she is getting a bit overboard and tense about this topic. (It's a good thing that my mother does not know that I go on this site.)

Third of all, my dad is a big issue. He always tries to support my mom all the way. My dad usually is like my mom, but more of a patriot to my mom. My dad would always say to get off that computer and do other things. (Why the hell would I do that, I watch anime and do other stuff like DJing on the computer.)

All I'm saying here teens everywhere/worldwide, my parents are basically forcing me to put a time limit on my devices. And its not a really good ending. I am planning to explore more stuff about computers, if only my parents would stop doing this. They have not supported my views on being against SOPA, they always want me to go to the forest, and they always want me to get me out of the computer. It's frustrating and I am tired of this kind of action.

I am officially against on what my parents are doing and I believe that my parents should not enforce this into my life. Let me know what you think in your opinion. Should my parents enforce a time limit on using my devices? If not, please tell me why and put some tips on how to make my parents forget about thinking of putting a time limit on my devices. IF I SUSPECT A PARENT EXPRESSING THEIR OPINION ON THIS TOPIC, I WILL BAN THEM FROM EXPRESSING THEIR OPINION AS THIS IS A "TEEN ONLY" DEBATE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. AND PLEASE ALSO PLEASE LINK TO THIS DEBATE PAGE WITH #FreeTeens. I WILL BE POSTING MORE DEBATES RELATING WITH TEEN PROBLEMS THAT HAPPEN IN OTHER PEOPLES LIVES AND MY LIFE.
Braxton

Pro

Hats off for your first time on debate.org, mate.

Using the internet too much hurts teens and children [1] it has been proven that the usage of the internet brings down grades.

Parents can make the choice to limit their children’s internet usage for their kid’s own good.

2 hours on the computer is enough time to do what you need while still get good grades and exercise

http://news.asiaone.com...

JPR2473

Con

JPR2473 forfeited this round.
Braxton

Pro

Please vote pro.
JPR2473

Con

JPR2473 forfeited this round.
Braxton

Pro

Braxton forfeited this round.
JPR2473

Con

JPR2473 forfeited this round.
Braxton

Pro

Braxton forfeited this round.
JPR2473

Con

JPR2473 forfeited this round.
Braxton

Pro

Braxton forfeited this round.