Blueangel24
AJ3295

Should people be allowed to be gay/lesbian/transsexual etc..

Blueangel24

Pro

I believe that anyone can chose to be what they want and be if a person wants to be a particular Sexuality let them be. It not our love life it's theirs and we shouldn't object it.
AJ3295

Con

I really have three major points for my debate:
1. Not a single one of the major religions are for single sex marriage.

If you look at all of the major religions of the world (Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, or Hinduism) not a single one of them are supporting single sex marriage. In the Qu'ran it says " For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." This is saying that if you are practicing homosexuality you are committing a crime greater than any other,

2. It is contrary to human instinct.

Homosexuality is a choice. It is not determined at birth (genetics makes that very clear). It contradicts basic human/animal instinct. Every species has evolved so that it can efficiently produce more of its own kind while surviving for as long as possible. The instinct to have sex (and thus continue the existence of the species is present in all animals). Gayness is contrary to this basic principle of animal existence.
It is almost like suicide in that, just as suicide is contrary to survival instinct, it is contrary to reproductive instinct. Additionally, if all organism in a given species exhibited gayness, the species would die, not as quickly as if they all killed themselves, but it would die nonetheless. I'm not saying gayness is as bad as suicide, but the similarities were worth mentioning.

3. There are problems with it biblically and scientifically

Bible: a man shall not lay with a man as with a women
Medically: the nature increases internal damage in men and increases disease transfer in women
Naturally: two dudes can't have a child naturally
Genetically: if being gay was genetic then the majority of twins where one was gay the other would be too. Studies show well less than half of twins with one gay are both gay.
Genetically: if transgenders are your excuse then should she be allowed to cut their legs off because children are born without legs? Should some be allowed to act mentally disabled because someone is born with mental handicaps. Bad excuse.

So therefore I think believe that people should not be allowed to be gay, lesbian, or transgender.

Blueangel24

Pro

Blueangel24 forfeited this round.
AJ3295

Con

AJ3295 forfeited this round.
Blueangel24

Pro

Blueangel24 forfeited this round.
AJ3295

Con

First of all sorry for missing the last few rounds. I would like to finish up by just saying that being gay goes against everything in the bible, and I will stick to my beliefs. I hope that maybe someday you all will realize that that is the correct choice. I also hope that you know that no matter what you do God still loves you, and he gave his son for you.
Posted by FlammableX 1 year ago
FlammableX
Being gay isn't a "choice" " there are several similarities between homosexuals and heterosexuals. If you think that they just "want to be gay," you are being intellectually dishonest to the numerous studies done on the topic.
Posted by MikeTheGOd 1 year ago
MikeTheGOd
The process to become transsexual is horrifying though, electric shocks is one common part of this.
Posted by BetteMidler 1 year ago
BetteMidler
I almost want to argue this just to see if I can...... and my profile picture is a gnome puking rainbows.
Posted by MikeTheGOd 1 year ago
MikeTheGOd
V being gay is a choice.... having black hair isn't. *drops the mic*
Posted by FlammableX 1 year ago
FlammableX
There is not such thing as "wanting to be gay etc." Does one have black hair because he/she wants to have black hair?