Should people be allowed to spam Miiverse communities with irrelevant subject matter?

Started: 12/6/2014 Category: Games

(To accept, post you're argument. No trolls please, I'd like to have an opponent that will actually TRY to beat me.)
In the days counting down to the release of Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS, I doubt I was the only one who had to endure the endless slew of troll posts that filled the super smash bros community on miiverse.

When looking for interesting sketches or funny comments, I was instead met with such outcries as "SHREK 4 SMASH BROS!" and "Yeah this if you like waffles!". I was rather annoyed, so annoyed in fact that I posted, saying "We want to talk about Smash Bros, not what you had for breakfast this morning!" to which I was answered with mixed responses. Some saying "Finally, someone speaking out!" and others tossing around words like "free country".

I of anyone would be the first to argue that it IS, in fact, a free country, but when the subject matter is set before you, it's simply rude to try and change it.

That's my side of things. Does anyone think otherwise?

Hello, Con.
I'll write my arguments for why I think people should be allowed to say what they want:

1. Miiverse is a place for kids:
The Miiverse, or Nintendo-based communities in general are usually for kids and teenagers, who have their minds in things like trying to be funny, be popular in their social circle, and such. Because of this, if someone desires having mature conversations with other players, they won't be able to, because a kid will appear in the middle of the topic talking things that don't add to the discussion. If you want to have real discussions, you should do so in a special place, like a special community-made forum for Nintendo-related conversations.

2. Kids are filled with energy:
Kids are kids, and you have to let them speak their mind while they can. It might be considered spam, but it's also called free speech (I kind of agree with the "this is a free country" statement, even tho it does not consider other players' countries).

3. Nintendo would not benefit from censoring users who derail posts:
It's better for the company to have thousands of kids using Miiverse everyday, if it's either for spam or real discussion, because that means that they will use their device more, kids will engage with others, they will play, and this is when money comes into place.

As a side note, you can still report posts or users for spamming, but in case that doesn't work, there's not much you can do.

(Thank you for accepting)
I'll try and dispel your arguments one at a time:

1.) Miiverse is a place for everyone:
The common belief is that Nintendo is child-driven. In reality, the miiverse contains multiple players of all ages. A person's age shouldn't justify that the use of vulgar language and irrelevant content. If someone wants to talk about breakfast, they should have a specialized forum for breakfast, because the miiverse is already, in a sense, a forum for all Nintendo games, so why should we have to make another unofficial community when there's a nice official community available already?

2.) Kids should learn manners at an early age:
At this point, it's really not a matter of "basic rights", it's a matter of internet etiquette and just plain decency. It's not illegal for people to speak their mind, it's just a matter of the wrong place at the wrong time. It really is just rude to completely change the subject from something Nintendo-related to something completely different on a NINTENDO community. In the words of a wise man "There's a time and place for everything, but not now."

3.) If Nintendo keeps trolls, they lose dedicated fans:
The soul of the miiverse community comes from it's fans and dedicated users. Without people who stay on top of topic, the miiverse becomes a complete and utter anarchy with no rhyme or reason. If anything, it would become a distraction to kids, taking them away from playing their games to trying to get 100 followers on their profile page. I honestly see no benefit in letting this problem go on un-dealt with. At this point, the dedicated fans have all left, and the "energetic" kids rule the miiverse.
As far as I know, I don't think Nintendo gets money from people using miiverse, but I can't back that up.

If I could report all spammers, I would, but there is only one of mii (this is not a typo, this is me attempting to be clever), and a lot more of them. This is a rally cry, stop miiverse spamming now!

MaxZamoraJ forfeited this round.

I give my opponent one more chance to retort.

MaxZamoraJ forfeited this round.
Posted by Identification 1 year ago
In fact, I have discovered there is actually very little room for debate in this article because of some certain truths. This reddit post explains why.
Main Important Information:

"The Legend of Zelda community currently has a big spam post problem.
Not advertising spam, just inane off-topic gibberish spam posted by a bunch of 14 year olds trying to use it as IRC or MSN messenger. They are flaunting how many times they have been banned, and how much they are sabotaging the community, and basically carrying on like a bunch of [expletive] heads.
So if you care even a little bit about Miiverse and being able to keep it nice, and if you have a spare five minutes, go over to the LoZ community and report some of the off-topic [expletive]. Seriously, it is all coming from about 25 or 30 users who are posting at breakneck speed. a few permanent bans here and there and it just might go away.
If everyone does it then the system might begin to work. But the system is definitely not working at the moment, and we all know what Nintendo's response to this sort of thing usually is: to pull the plug entirely."
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture