gulnura0112
emospongebob527

Should people believe in God?

emospongebob527

gulnura0112

Pro

Who is the God? What is he made of? Is he exist? Three questions that almost everyone asks to himself. Firstly, God is supernatural creature. He created everything we see, everything we feel and he created us- people. How did the universe come to be and what is the origin of life? We cannot give an exact answer to this issue. For me, God is everything and he is everywhere, so whereever i turn there is God's purpose. I believe in God. Everytime before going to bed i pray for God in my heart i speak with him. Sometimes i ask him to wake me up at exact time and i get up without any alarm clock it's miracle! God is miracle! I don't feel myself alone, he is always with me, in my heart. Everything around us only proves that God is exist. Yes, i know that people have their own choice and they belive in different things and i respect their choice. People should always believe in something. Hve you ever asked a question for yourself: what will happen when i die? Is that all? We live our live, ge married, get education and what will be the next? What we did it for? For only death and go nowhere. No, there is a paradise. there is a God!
emospongebob527

Con

"Firstly, God is supernatural creature."

With this claim you are only helping my case, claiming he is supernatural only further proves that he is intangible, unrealistic, and non-existent.

"He created everything we see, everything we feel and he created us- people."

Making claims without evidence makes your case that much more otiose.

"How did the universe come to be and what is the origin of life? "

Initially, the universe was permeated only by energy. Some of this energy congealed into particles, which assembled into light atoms like hydrogen and helium. These atoms clumped first into galaxies, then stars, inside whose fiery furnaces all the other elements were forged.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

"We cannot give an exact answer to this issue."

Yes we can:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

"For me, God is everything and he is everywhere, so whereever i turn there is God's purpose."

You should really work on giving evidence for your claims.

"I believe in God."

Just because you believe it, doesn't make it so.

I could believe a deity exists, doesn't mean one does.

Infact I don't believe that because the existence of a God is borderline ridiculous. Gosh I think I'm becoming more atheist everyday.

belief =/= truth

"Everytime before going to bed i pray for God in my heart i speak with him. Sometimes i ask him to wake me up at exact time and i get up without any alarm clock it's miracle! God is miracle!"

My opponent gives no evidence to support this claim and even if this claim were true that doesn't prove God exists.

"I don't feel myself alone, he is always with me, in my heart."

My opponent does not elaborate on this claim and provides no evidence.

"Everything around us only proves that God is exist."

Evidence has not been provided.

"People should always believe in something."

Saying people should believe in something doesn't mean they should believe in God.

"Hve you ever asked a question for yourself: what will happen when i die? Is that all? We live our live, ge married, get education and what will be the next? What we did it for? For only death and go nowhere."

This anecdotal question does not prove God exists.

"No, there is a paradise. there is a God!"

What an equivocal assertion by my opponent, please provide evidence for your claims.

Arguments Against The Existence of God-

Argument From Non-Belief-

If God existed (and wanted humanity to know it), he would have brought about a situation in which every reasonable person believed in him; however, there are reasonable unbelievers, and therefore, this weighs against God's existence.

Argument From Inconsistent Revalations-

It is unlikely that God exists because many theologians and faithful adherents have produced conflicting and mutually exclusive revelations. Since a person not privy to revelation must either accept it or reject it based solely upon the authority of its proponent, and there is no way for a mere mortal to resolve these conflicting claims by investigation, it is prudent to reserve one's judgment.

Problem of Evil-

1. God exists.
  2. God is omnipotent, omniscient, and perfectly good.
  3. A perfectly good being would want to prevent all evils.
  4. An omniscient being knows every way in which evils can come into existence.
  5. An omnipotent being, who knows every way in which an evil can come into existence, has the power to prevent that evil from coming into existence.
  6. A being who knows every way in which an evil can come into existence, who is able to prevent that evil from coming into existence, and who wants to do so, would prevent the existence of that evil.
  7. If there exists an omnipotent, omniscient, and perfectly good being, then no evil exists.
  8. Evil exists (logical contradiction).
Argument From Poor Design-

1. An omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent creator God would create organisms that have optimal design.
  2. Organisms have features that are sub-optimal.
  3. Therefore, God either did not create these organisms or is not omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.
Omnipotence Paradox-

"Can [an omnipotent being] create a stone so heavy that it cannot lift it?" This question generates a dilemma. The being can either create a stone which it cannot lift, or it cannot create a stone which it cannot lift. If the being can create a stone that it cannot lift, then it seems that it can cease to be omnipotent. If the being cannot create a stone which it cannot lift, then it seems it is already not omnipotent.

I have presented my arguments against the existence of God and have refuted my opponent's assertions so I strongly advise the voters to vote Con.
gulnura0112

Pro

gulnura0112 forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Con

Extend my argument.
gulnura0112

Pro

I would like to Thank my opponent for this wonderful debate.
What about prophet Muhammad? he tried to persue people about existance of the God. He brought people Kur'an, and there written about existance of the God. If God doesn't exist, where do people came from? Who created nature? Why we have four reasons: autumn, winter, summer, spring? Everything needs a creature. For example, car. Car didn't came alone someone created it- engineer. Heaven, Earth, planets, sun, moon, stars, mountains, rivers, lakes, sea, animals, people, plants and other creatures from the smallest particles to the vast bodies, such as a galaxy, show the existence of the Creator, who arranged them in a harmonious order, and protect them. Their appearance without Creator impossible.
Wherever person pay attention to something, he always finds an evidence of the existence and uniqueness of God. The man who see all of this, and still does not believe in the existence of God, he is in conflict with himself and, therefore, does not receive any benefit from his mind.
Even scientists believed in God.for ex. Albert Einstein said: You can not trust science, depriving a faith.science without religion is lame religion without science is blind.
emospongebob527

Con

What about prophet Muhammad? he tried to persue people about existance of the God. He brought people Kur'an, and there written about existance of the God.

Muhammad was as you said, merely that, a prophet. He spread the texts of the Qu'ran to other people to enlighten them, he was a human not a God making your case that much more irrelavent.

If God doesn't exist, where do people came from? Who created nature?

Where do people come from?

Archaic Homo sapiens, the forerunner of anatomically modern humans, evolved between 400,000 and 250,000 years ago.[10][11] Recent DNA evidence suggests that several haplotypes of Neanderthal origin are present among all non-African populations, and Neanderthals and other hominids, such as Denisova hominin may have contributed up to 6% of their genome to present-day humans.[12][13][14] Anatomically modern humans evolved from archaic Homo sapiens in the Middle Paleolithic, about 200,000 years ago.[15] The transition to behavioral modernity with the development of symbolic culture, language, and specialized lithic technology happened around 50,000 years ago according to many anthropologists[16] although some suggest a gradual change in behavior over a longer time span.

Why we have four reasons: autumn, winter, summer, spring?
The earth's axis is tilted about 23.5 degrees, so the Earth is never straight
up and down compared to the Sun. When it is summer in North America, that is
because the North Pole and the rest of the Northern Hemisphere are pointing
toward the Sun. The Sun appears to stay in the sky longer each day (really, we
are just pointed toward the Sun for longer each day). Because we spend more
time in the sunshine and less in the shadow of night, our part of the Earth gets
warmer, and we experience summer. During the summer, the Sun is high in the sky. Therefore, rays of light from
the Sun hit us more directly during summer, making the sunlight more intense and
warmer. In winter, the Sun is low in the sky. The rays of light are spread
more thinly, and they do not warm us as much.

http://www.morehead.unc.edu...

Everything needs a creature. For example, car. Car didn't came alone someone created it- engineer.

The concept of creation for a car is not the same as the concept for creation of life and everything else.

Heaven, Earth, planets, sun, moon, stars, mountains, rivers, lakes, sea, animals, people, plants and other creatures from the smallest particles to the vast bodies, such as a galaxy, show the existence of the Creator, who arranged them in a harmonious order, and protect them. Their appearance without Creator impossible.

Would you mind providing evidence for your claims.

Wherever person pay attention to something, he always finds an evidence of the existence and uniqueness of God.

Proof?

The man who see all of this, and still does not believe in the existence of God, he is in conflict with himself and, therefore, does not receive any benefit from his mind.

Evidence?

Albert Einstein did not believe in God, he was agnostic.

Also; his distrust in science and his claims about how one pole is irrelevant without another pole is completely irrelevant and does not support your case for God's existence.

Conclusion:
I have refuted all of my opponent's arguments leaving his resolution negated and my resolution affirmed.

One more thing to note:

My opponent has not refuted any of my R1 arguments which were as follows:

Argument From Non-Belief
Argument from Inconsistent Revalations
Problem of Evil
Argument from Poor Design
Omnipotence Paradox
http://debate.org...;

======================================
When Voting
======================================

Conduct: Con

Why?

Pro forfeits in R2 and throughout the whole argument presents empirical assertions that I explicitly pointed out.

Spelling and Grammar: Con

Why?

Con's grammar and spelling is severely flawed:

As noted here:

"persue people about existance"

Should be:

persuade people about existence

Is he exist?

Should be:

Does he exist?

whereever i

Should be:

wherever I

For me, God is everything and he is everywhere, so whereever i turn there is God's purpose. I believe in God. Everytime before going to bed i pray for God in my heart i speak with him. Sometimes i ask him to wake me up at / exact time and i get up without any alarm clock it's / miracle! God is / miracle!

Should be:

For me, God is everything and he is everywhere, so wherever I turn there is God's purpose. I believe in God. Everytime before going to bed I pray for God in my heart I speak with him. Sometimes I ask him to wake me up at an exact time and I get up without any alarm clock it's a miracle! God is a miracle!

Everything around us only proves that God is exist. Yes, i know that people have their own choice and they belive in different things and i respect their choice.

Should be:

Everything around only proves that God exists. Yes, I know people have their own choice and they believe in different things and I respect their choice.

Hve you ever asked a question for yourself: what will happen when i die? Is that all? We live our live, ge married, get education and what will be the next? What we did it for? For only death and go nowhere. No, there is a paradise. there is a God!

Should be:

Have your asked yourself the question: What will when I die? Is that all? We live our life, get married, get an education and what will be next? What we did it for? For only death and go nowhere. No, there is a paradise, there is a God!

Arguments: Con

Why?

1) I have refuted all of my opponent's arguments

2) My arguments remain unrefuted

Sources: Con

Why?

My opponent provides no sources while, I have given sources for my evidence.

The resolution has been negated, obvious win for yours truly...................

Vote Con!

Vote Placed by TheHunter 4 years ago
TheHunter
gulnura0112emospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made the more compelling arguments, and didn't forfeit a round.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
gulnura0112emospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff