Jellyfysh624
jugheadjones

Should people debate while under the effects of alcohol? Specifically, 1-8 light beers.

Jellyfysh624

Pro

At this point I have consumed 6 Heineken beers in the last 4 hours. I feel as if my mind is more open and my argument conduction is the same, if not better, than when I am sober. To defeat me in the debate one must, convince the voters that one should not conduct any arguments while under the effects of a certain amount of alcohol. For me to win I must convince the voters that it is acceptable to debate while intoxicated to the extent specified below.

To be specific as to how intoxicated the person that would be conducting arguments is. I would say 1 beer every 45 minutes for a maximum of 6 hours. I think many people hold the belief that if someone is extremely drunk they should certainly not try to debate, but what about people in the specified range?

To make this debate more challenging for myself, I will try to be at the higher point of the specified range for each argument I present.

Please only accept this debate if you have some experience consuming alcohol.

(Disclaimer to anyone who tries to appeal to the law. My age is not a proven fact. I could be 4 years old, or I could be 84 years old. The age posted on my profile is not necessarily a fact, thus attacks against the age my profile suggests I am are irrelevant and should result in a loss for those attempting to discredit me due to my supposed age. My age is not the topic of this debate, so please refrain from referring to it.)
jugheadjones

Con

I like your topic and I accept to debate on it.
Jellyfysh624

Pro

Ok, well I was expecting a rebuttal as a response, but since there was none I will give an argument.

As (I think) I demonstrated in round one; it is possible to provide logical statements, along with proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling, while under the influence of alcohol to the extent of my specified parameters.

Since my opponent made no claims in the first round that pertain to the argument, I would like to assert that my personal evidence is indeed anecdotal and that anecdotes to do imply facts.

I should have stated that most, if not all, of my claims will be anecdotal. I understand that this severely weakens my argument.
I also refuse to supply any other claims than personal (anecdotal) claims

I also understand that the effect alcohol has on me may not be the same effect it has on others.

I ask those who will be voting on this argument to consider the fact that my evidence is purely anecdotal and that my opponents may be generalizable. This being said I will make one final assertion for this round.

Every time I have consumed alcohol, my genuine interest in argumentative and philosophical discussion has been greatly increased. Consuming alcohol with my friends and aquaintences had almost always lead to what I consider intelligent conversation. This leads me to conclude that the consumption of alcohol should not discredit one's assertion and argumentative attempts.
jugheadjones

Con

jugheadjones forfeited this round.
Jellyfysh624

Pro

Well I guess my opponent has forfeited.

perhaps he will attempt to make a rebuttal in the final round.

I apologize to the audience that opponent has chosen to not participate in the discussion this round.

I feel as though I have demonstrated that it is still serious and thoughtful to argue while consuming alcohol.

I hope you enjoyed the discussion and please vote pro
jugheadjones

Con

jugheadjones forfeited this round.
Posted by Jellyfysh624 2 years ago
Jellyfysh624
nah man i had to go to bed. ill be drinking later tho. i hope my argument will be due by then
Posted by JayConar 2 years ago
JayConar
Pro, I hope you're still drinking!
Posted by JayConar 2 years ago
JayConar
Pro, I hope you're still drinking!
Posted by Jellyfysh624 2 years ago
Jellyfysh624
I do not mean to discriminate. I just know that i did not properly comprehend the effects of alcohol before I consumed it, and did not have an accurate opinion of its effects on a person. I believe that best way to understand the effects of alcohol is to experience it for yourself.
Posted by Imperfiect 2 years ago
Imperfiect
I'd be happy to accept this but do not meet your criteria.