NoahJames2
xxLunnarisxx

Should people own pets

NoahJames2 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

NoahJames2

Con

I think people should not have pets because you are taking them from their families and homes.
xxLunnarisxx

Pro

I think we should not be allowed to have any specie as a pet. I can accept that some exotic wild animals simply aren't fit to be in a home. Other animals that tend to group in packs (like wolves) shouldn't be kept as pets either. With this out of the way, I will explain why I am not opposed to people having the conventional pets, which are cats and dogs. If you have more specific animals in mind (such as rodents, birds or reptiles) feel free to bring them up, I just don't know that much about them.

The concept of family is something very human. Other animals may have similar system of organisation as a species, but not cats and dogs. The mother will be protective of her cubs while they need her to survive, after that, she will have the same behavior towards their children as she has with any other of the species. Personally, I have 3 kitties and I adopted them all because I didn't want to separate their family (mum died in labour) and I doubt they recognise each other as "sisters".