alexunickel
scorepit

Should people spell words the British way?

alexunickel has forfeited round #2.

alexunickel

Pro

Should people spell words the British way (e.g. colour, favourite, fibre) over the American way (e.g. color, favorite, fiber)? I think yes. I want to know your thoughts.
scorepit

Con

No, because the British way of spelling things is awfully flawed. The american way actually makes way more sense and is a way simpler way to spell things. In the american version of the English language colour is color for example. The British version has a completely unnecessary u after the o.
Posted by Leaning 6 months ago
Leaning
Eh, I usually TRY to type things in whatever way I assume works for the people I'm writing to. When I write down thoughts or notes to myself, it is rife with misspellings.
Posted by SirNoodles518 6 months ago
SirNoodles518
Let's be honest, aluminium looks and sounds way cooler than aluminum
Posted by KostasT.1526 6 months ago
KostasT.1526
Of course yes. Americans simplify English to the point that the language gradually loses its prestige and beauty. There are, of course, certain changes that are not of great significance, but numerous of the aforementioned are merely ridiculous and preposterous.
Posted by Debating_Horse 6 months ago
Debating_Horse
Of course not. Everyone can spell things the proper way, but because English originated there does not mean we should start in following British examples. We broke away from them for a reason, to have our own independent nation, and culture. There is the U.S version of words, the English way of words, and everywhere else where else words are different.