britkit_francis
Richarda

Should people start driving at age 15?

Richarda
Started: 3/16/2015 Category: Cars

britkit_francis

Pro

People should start driving a age 15 because it lets them grow up. It will also motivate people to get a job.

Origanally posted by nijhea1234.
Richarda

Con

I do not agree with this idea. Some people believe that 15 years of age is enough to be independent. But, my opinion is different. I will give you three reasons why allowing the age 15 is not a great idea.
First, age 15 is still young or psychologically underdeveloped. Driving is not a joke. Sometimes, it kills innocent people and is used as one of the criminal tools. If it is allowed to the young people, they are more likely to drive recklessly because they cannot logically decide specific situations and tend to enjoy speedy driving. Also, since they love to hang out with their friends and do some delinquency, the car would be used as their criminal tool.
The second reason is that parents would struggle with finance. Once their children buy a car, they should pay for car insurance and gas. Also, if there is an accident, the parents must go to the spot and take care of that business. In contrast, if driving is allowed to a person who is older than 18, then that person can take care of his or her car accident and can pay for the insurance and gas.
Finally, early driving can lead discrimination. Think about it. Your friend, who is 15, bought $60000 Mustang , but you do not have a car. What would you feel? This might be horrible that you would start blaming your environment including your parents.
I presented the main three reasons why early driving is not a great idea. I mentioned psychological underdevelopment, finance, and discrimination. These are the strong evidence of the argument that you should consider and contend against those reasons.
britkit_francis

Pro

Con made excellent points in last round.

Still if you start to learn (not necessarily drive) to operate cars it would be a lot easier to pass the DMV test. They should be allowed to drive at 15. For some people in general,they won't mature dramatically in a period of 1 to 3 years. The legal driving age for most states is 16,but there are many 15 year olds who are much more responsible than 16 year olds. 16 year olds may start doing bad habits and may become even more stupid.
Richarda

Con

I respect your opinion that 16 years old could be more stupid than 15 years of age. However, if you want to argue with broad concept, then 20, 30, 40 years of ages could also be more stupid than 15 years. Thus, to make this a narrow point, driving should be allowed if a person reaches certain ages that can be hired at a workplace. For example, usually, many fast food restaurants hire people who are older than 15 years old. That is, employers view that people who are older than 15 years of age have adults like responsibility. Likewise, for driving, it should be allowed when a person can be hired, which is usually older than 15 years old.
britkit_francis

Pro

I don't have much to say for this round. You have practically beat me. If you would like to, you could forfeit this round or finish off strong.
Richarda

Con

Driving at age 15 seems to be reasonable, but a lot of situations are complicated. It was a nice argument with you.
Posted by FlyerGuy2015 1 year ago
FlyerGuy2015
I AM 15 And I Still Drive A Car.I Never Met With An Accident In My Life(Masha Allah).The Restriction Can Vary From Place To Place From Time To Time.The Accident Rates And The Education Status Determines It.In Saudia We Have Reckless Drivers Drifting And Losing One Three Lives And Accident Rates Arent Rare Here Too.Therefore The Limitation Is 16 And 18.The Saudi People Are Reckless And MAD But Some Arent That Is Estimated To Be Mature Ones There Fore Driving Is Limited To 16 For Students Liscense And 18 For Driver Licence
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
britkit_francisRichardaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro essentially concedes.