akku126
ZacGraphics

Should photoshop be banned in the U.S.A or not?? Is it affecting the ideal concepts of beauty in soc

Started: 11/17/2015 Category: Fashion

akku126

Pro

Should photoshop be banned in the U.S.A or not?? Is it affecting the ideal concepts of beauty in society and putting pressure on women to achieve an unrealistic form of beauty standards via plastic surgery and cosmetics ???
ZacGraphics

Con

I will be arguing for the side that Photoshop, by Adobe, should not be banned in the US. Good luck to Pro, as I look forward to a good debate. I will now state my case.

Why should Photoshop not be banned? It is not the issue. Using the same perspective on gun control, limiting guns will not 100% stop acts of murder. While in advertising, eliminating Photoshop will not stop women and men alike from wanting to look like the fake image they see before them. Sometimes, Photoshop isn't even used. Pro states that plastic surgery and cosmetics make women feel pressured, but these things have little to do with Photoshop. The idea of beauty is already being manipulated without photoshop (i.e. Famous People with plastic surgery).

[1] http://www.hilltopviewsonline.com...
akku126

Pro

akku126 forfeited this round.
ZacGraphics

Con

I extend my points, and I will await Pro's response.
akku126

Pro

akku126 forfeited this round.
ZacGraphics

Con

Points extended.
akku126

Pro

akku126 forfeited this round.
ZacGraphics

Con

Points extended...
akku126

Pro

akku126 forfeited this round.
ZacGraphics

Con

Good luck to Pro in the voting period?
Posted by EllieRa 1 year ago
EllieRa
Photoshop should be banned not only in the USA, but across the world, as it is the situation in some North Europe countries. Due to Photoshop, there is promoted a wrong image of beautiful people, which can cause serious problems to people with a lack of self esteem: they feel themselves damaged because they don't look like people from glossy journals.