ChrisArthur
Cibneek

Should pineapple be a pizza topping?

Cibneek has forfeited round #2.
Started: 4/19/2017 Category: Funny

ChrisArthur

Pro

For this debate, I will be arguing that pineapple should be a pizza topping (because it should be).

The debate set-up will use 4 rounds.

Round 1: Accept side of argument
Round 2: Make argument
Round 3: Rebuttal
Round 4: Conclude final thoughts

Rules:
1. No rules.
2. Must be New York style pizza (thin crust) and absolutely NO deep dish allowed. Deep dish pizza is not actual pizza, it is lasagna. Anyone who likes deep dish pizza is clearly satanic. I live in Chicago where deep dish originates and is the signature style of "pizza" to the area, yet I oppose this disgraceful attempt of food mechanics in so many ways. As one who has Italian roots in his genes, I do not appreciate the mere mockery and monstrosity that is embedded in deep dish pizzas.
Cibneek

Con

I will be arguing that pineapple on pizza is an abomination to mankind.
ChrisArthur

Pro

There are certain places where a pineapple does not belong or make sense to me, such as under the sea where Spongebob lives; however, it most certainly does belong on a pizza. If you think about what a pizza is, it is mostly made of dough and tomato sauce. What do people not like about having pineapples mix with tomatoes? I see people people putting tomato slices and pineapple slices in their salads, cocktails (mixed into the drink or a tomato beverage with a pineapple slice hanging off the edge of the glass), and burgers. Why are those those examples fine, but the moment when pizza gets brought into it then it is a disgrace of a combination?

According to Huffington Post, only 37% of pizza orders are "boring" meaning they are plain cheese pizzas. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com...). This makes sense because those people are not adventurous enough to try exquisite flavors. Of the people that do make the bold choice to add ingredients, the top 10 toppings preferred (from the same survey, which polled thousands of restaurants in America and Canada) are:
1. Pepperoni
2. Mushrooms
3. Onions
4. Sausage
5. Bacon
6. Extra cheese
7. Black olives
8. Green peppers
9. Pineapple
10. Spinach

Does it not perturb you that Extra Cheese is more preferred than pineapples which only proves to show that pineapple topping abolitionists are greedy. The pizza already comes with cheese, why ask for more? That extra cheese could have benefited another person or created another pizza, my gosh. People are starving in Africa and we just give out extra cheese here in America like dairy philanthropists. Makes me sick just thinking about it.
Speaking of sickening, how come black olives are more acceptable than pineapple? They are two forms of sour ingredients. The only difference is that pineapples include a sweeter aftermath. Black Olives do not, they just remain slightly dull and the juice stays tart. Pineapple juice not only tastes good, but is good for you! [I will mention more of this in the next Round.] So what gives? Why are black olives less of a concern than pineapples if they both ultimately are sour (minus the fact the pineapple is sour and sweet).
Another thing is that people actually eat green peppers? That in itself says a lot about certain pizza eaters.

To further my claim, I know I said that people who enjoy deep dish are satanic but so are people opposing pineapple slices on pizzas. I can prove this because the most renowned chef in the World with 10 of his television shows is Gordon Ramsay
(http://www.hollywood.com...). One of his shows is called Hell's Kitchen, implying that he would be the devil thus he is Satan. While hosting U.K."s The Nightly Show, he addressed that "You don"t put f"ing pineapple on pizza" (http://people.com...). This would conclude that to agree pineapple does not belong on pizza indicates you support Satan. That would then make you satanic. I rest my case.
Posted by GamingJelly99 1 year ago
GamingJelly99
Of course there should be pineapple! It's like a sweet addition to a savoury dish, and it's yummy. (Except for fresh, which leaves this 'furry feeling' on your tongue.
Posted by ChrisArthur 1 year ago
ChrisArthur
@Aurelia Lol, it's a pretty common debate. I don't know why though. Clearly pineapple should go on pizza.
Posted by Aurelia 1 year ago
Aurelia
Oh...wow. In one of my classes my classmate came up with this topic too...