Debater_Girl
Your_Argument_is_Invalid

Should pitbulls be banned from the U.S.

Debater_Girl

Con

Lets see who wins the debate about this crucial topic.
Your_Argument_is_Invalid

Pro

I am eager to hear your view.
Debater_Girl

Con

Debater_Girl forfeited this round.
Your_Argument_is_Invalid

Pro

Your_Argument_is_Invalid forfeited this round.
Debater_Girl

Con

I obviously love pit bulls and makes good cases for them. My basic argument is that bad owners can turn pit bulls bad but that they are basically a good, loving and loyal breed. I am going to argue that while owners have something to do with pit bull behavior, the breed is fundamentally acceptable. There is a very real question: should pit bulls be banned or is this an extreme reaction?
The Pasadena Humane Society bans pit bulls. I found a large stray dog and took him to the Humane Society. They said he was part pit bull and told me he would be put down if they took him. They said they had had many problems with pit bulls and had banned them. Fortunately for the dog, our neighbor immediately found a home for him and his owners have had no problems with him.
I live in Memphis and every time I hear of someone, usually a child, killed or mauled by a dog, I think a rottweiler and usually I am right. Pit bulls are wonderful dogs that have been bred and trained to kill but with the right owner, that is not true.
The Humane Society, insurance companies, and statistics all can't be right. I mean if pit bulls are really that dangerous, why do more than half the homes in America own 1 or 2 maybe even 3? If they are that dangerous why hasn't the government banned them from my area, where alot of them are? If they are so dangerous why do people breed them? Sounds to me like they shouldn't be banned after all.
Your_Argument_is_Invalid

Pro