TheChamp
Ceaser_6.0

Should police officers that kill somebody be charged fairly like other people?

TheChamp

Pro

I believe they should because these police men are killing blacks. I truly believe they are doing this on purpose.
Ceaser_6.0

Con

I believe they shouldn't unless it is caught on camera or they didn't "have it on". The amount of police deaths is astonishing.

https://www.odmp.org...

133 deaths in line of duty, More than 10 a month! I imagine they have a good reason to be scared of people with guns. Unless they violate the law on duty, then it should be fine

https://en.wikipedia.org...
TheChamp

Pro

What about that one police officer in Oklahoma that killed a black male.He said "I wanted to reach for my taser but instead I pulled out my gun". Besides shouldn't he know which side the taser is and which side the gun is.Also the man was on the ground and the officer just shot him like that .Stereotypical!!! Just because he was black its outrageous!!!
Ceaser_6.0

Con

Ceaser_6.0 forfeited this round.
TheChamp

Pro

TheChamp forfeited this round.
Ceaser_6.0

Con

Ceaser_6.0 forfeited this round.
Posted by JaanVahl 11 months ago
JaanVahl
Do you reprimand an entire religion for the actions of the extremist few? Do you condemn Islam entirely because of the actions of the small percentage of people that are extremists? Do you condemn Christianity entirely because of the few individuals who are extremist in belief? Belief in itself is acceptable, but taking action on those beliefs is most likely illegal if it involves killing of maiming another human being. There are undoubtedly bad cops out there, or ones that are corrupt, but it applies the same to any other form of organization. Can you reprimand the entire police force simply because of the actions of a few hot-blooded cops? If so, then why not do the same to every other form of organized religion or organization that has had cases of corruption or downright sadism?
Posted by DrewKaltenberger 11 months ago
DrewKaltenberger
I got my stats from the DOJ website (.gov), if anyone was wondering...
DrewKaltenberger
Id just like to say every stereotype has a grain of truth. Black violence takes second in crime rates nationwide, only topped by whites. Then again, blacks have a much smaller population, but to scale, person for person, they have a much higher crime rate percentage-wise among themselves than any other race. 62% of this crime is black on black violence, and logically, the more crime your race commits, more encounters with law enforcement will ensue. Now if you look at this crime and make it a pie chart of WHAT crime was committed, they also have higher homicide rates than any other ethnicity. I don't blame cops for being slightly timid around blacks, although I will acknowledge there are scenarios where racism occurs, but most of these shootings occur when the suspect violently resists arrest (there are exceptions), black or not. The big problem is that our society chooses to go into a fury over these black shootings, when they really make up a small portion of fatalities as a result of law enforcement. How often do you hear of a white being shot by a cop on main stream news? Almost never. And frankly, I have relatives in law enforcement, and saying that the entire force is corrupt and racist pisses me off. But I have a proposal for you. Why not do off with ALL law enforcement or a month, if they are a as racist as you say? You know why...