M4sterDeb8er
independentthought

Should private businesses be allowed to ban smoking?

M4sterDeb8er

M4sterDeb8er

Pro

First round is acceptance.

Debate shall be structured like this:

1st round: acceptance
2nd round: arguments
3rd round: rebuttals
4th round: response to rebuttals
5th round: closing statements
independentthought

Con

Private business has the right to impose any thing they want; that's why people have a choice of going there or not. It unconstitutional and against our liberty for the government or state to come in and tell businesses what they cant or cannot do
M4sterDeb8er

Pro

I apologize for not being more clear with my resolution, but I am the one upholding the resolution, not you. I am arguing that my statement is correct, and you are supposed to argue that the statement is incorrect or why you disagree with it. Anyway, onto my argument.

I argue that smokers are a group that can reasonably be prohibited from smoking in an private environment because smoking has been shown in many studies to have adverse effects on the people that are exposed to it, even when it secondhand.

Smoking has been repeatedly been linked to lung cancer, asthma, bronchitis, and a reduction of lung capacity. It is a practice that clearly and indisputably affects the health of people that are exposed to smoke. If a business wants to offer an atmosphere where customers don't have to worry about health problems, they should be allowed.
independentthought

Con

independentthought forfeited this round.
M4sterDeb8er

Pro

I have nothing to rebut...
independentthought

Con

Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
M4sterDeb8erindependentthoughtTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro because Con forfeited, arguments to Con because of her argument that others are affected even when the smoking takes place in a private business.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
M4sterDeb8erindependentthoughtTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, I am giving this round to you of course because Con did not reply to your arguments. However, I must point out that you did not do a very thorough job addressing Con's arguments! Why did you waste all that time in not responding to Con's two lines of arguments? He literally made only two points, which you brushed off as being off topic, which may not be true from a certain perspective. The only reasoning I'm accepting this analysis is that it is uncontested, but seriously, if your opponent only says two things, I'd recommend that you make sure that you answer them! Con, just resign instead of making your opponent wait; it's more polite.