profwamba
Galal

Should prostitution be criminalised

Galal

profwamba

Con

The freedom of conscience guarantees that the government should not legislate against issues of morality & religion.

The government should only legislate for or against personal acts that have a negative impact on other people.

For instance such actions as rape, robbery, murder, assault and stealing should be legislated against because the basis for the legislation is that such actions harm other people.

So the right of a person to do whatever they want as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others should be protected & there should be no laws against such personal actions that do not inhibit ot infringe the rights of others.

Prostitution is a personal decision that does not negatively affect other people except the people engaged in the act. If we want to help prostitutes lets have developmental projects to empower women to be economically independent with skills & knowledge that they can use to generate income for themselves.

As a social ill we want to get rid of, prostitution should neither be criminalized or legalized. We should just work to empower women so that they have means to make an income for themselves.
Galal

Pro

I would like to accept this debate, I hopefully my opponent see clearly through my point of view. Furthermore, I wish to clarify his grave misunderstanding regarding the issue at hand. In his respectable claim he states that Prostitution should be legalized as he believe it is an act out of self consent. If the participants wish to achieve money through sexual intercourse, then the state has no right to interfere. I see that he is coming from an absolute liberal position.

Regardless I am afraid that he has not considered the bigger picture of the situation. Governments are not against the idea of prostitution as much as what tails the Business. It is entailed with sinister motives and actions. The people who found this Business do not rely on women who are willingly giving up their approval to be used as assets, that is not the case. Their disgusting Business is founded upon Human Trafficking and Slavery. They prey on third-world order and the financial/socio-economic unstable in order to recruit them as 'assets' the organization deprives these prostitutes of every shred of dignity and human rights. But my opponent might argue and say that they have the right to 'give up their rights for money, that is none of the Government's concern'. Right you are, but sadly that is not the case. Most of these women are addicted to drugs, this is one of the ways that forces their assets to keep working for them regardless of their consent. Yes, the drug empire is associated with Prostitution a long with Money laundering, which of course causes the country grave harm both Economically and Youthfully.

More will be discussed in detailed in the following rounds.
profwamba

Con

profwamba forfeited this round.
Galal

Pro

My opponent seems to have forfeited until he offers us a new argument, if any.

http://findingjustice.org...

Here are some statistics regarding Prostitution and it's crisis.

Best regards.
profwamba

Con

profwamba forfeited this round.
Galal

Pro

Since my opponent wishes not to participate further I would like to finalize my argument by saying that Prostitution is but string in a spider'web of crime, they are all inter elated with one another. Drugs, Human Trafficking, Modern day slavery,Money laundery and such. My opponent did not clarify for us how is Prostitution benefit the society and one self. But simply had enough to assume that one should practice Prostitution out of sheer entertainment of liberty. Based on that, the government should act on his consent and give him/her those legal rights as a citizen. He focused on the personal rights and dismissed the greater good of all. He also did not entertain the possibility that these Prostitutes maybe aquired through an inhumane way. I wish I can thank my opponent for this debate, but as a matter of fact I can not. Hopefully some other day we will have a more dragging and engaging debate.

Posted by boogyman105 3 years ago
boogyman105
i would like to arugue for the legalization of prostitution.. i will except any challenge
Posted by Anakin 3 years ago
Anakin
Made a mistake on in the voting should be 4-0, for some odd reason it wont let me change my vote
Vote Placed by Anakin 3 years ago
Anakin
profwambaGalalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con??